• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Went to my local walmart saturday to get some ammo for the range and other than having to walk halfway across the store to find someone to help me no big deal.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I have heard that before but not sure where. For what its worth, I've been stopping by there about every week or so to stock up and I have never had anything but great service. The ammo prices are way cheaper than any other place that I've found. The only issue I have ran into is them being sold out but they get re-stocked about everyday. That being said, I think you should all stop buying ammo at the Plainfield Walmart immediately!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I wonder if the stores with the no late night purchases are under the same manager?

IDK, the last time I was in the Plainfield Walmart, I did see a sign up but I think it was for no firearm sales between certain hours. I'll have to check the next time I'm there.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My wife went in the Plainfield Walmart and bought a Mossberg 500 Shotgun a few years ago when they still sold them, and she wanted deer slugs, and they told her she could not buy any ammo from them for 24 hours after purchasing a firearm, they then proceeded to get the store manager to walk the gun out and lock it in her trunk, Which I understand, to a point. So we left and when to Applebees for dinner, and I went back in an hour or so later and tried to buy a box of slugs so we could go hunting the next morning, and they recognized me from being in there with my wife when she bought her gun, and refused to sell them to me. I told them I had not bought a gun from them, and the slugs were for my Shotgun, and they still refused to sell them to me :xmad:

Wonder what would have happened if you bought the shells first...? Is it their policy that you can't buy a firearm within 24 hours of buying ammo?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Two years ago we decided to go fishing...so on the way to Atterbury we stopped at Wally World in Franklin. It was 11:30PM and I wanted to buy a fishing license. Was told they were only allowed to sell them between 9AM and 9PM. I try to never shop at Walmart for anything. I spent less than $300 there during all of 2010, and I have spent 0$ there so far this year.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Good for you PistolBob ~ I've developed a big aversion to WallyWorld lately too. Never heard of their stupid policies of only selling ammo during certain hours - just another reason to go elsewhere besides the near impossibility of finding so few items that are made in the USA. From personal experience I can also say that the Franklin WalMart is to be avoided if at all possible. There is no good reason to go there.

:rolleyes:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Meijer ammo stock seems hit or miss though. I have bought there when they have it though. The only thing I ever ran into there only happened one time. As the clerk was getting the ammo out of the locked cabinet, he says "Are you carrying right now?". He asked me this before he would hand me the ammo boxes (4 boxes of 9mm). I simply said no and he then handed me the boxes. As we were departing the area, I said to him "You know, I would answer your question the same way whether I was carrying or not, right?". He just shrugged and walked on. I've never had anybody else, at Meijer or elsewhere, ask me that when buying ammo. The other issue with Meijer is the same as it is at any other big box, finding someone to actually open the unlocked cabinet and get the ammo.

I now have my own reloading equipment. When I need to buy, I'll try to stick to the actual gun stores. Problem is, there isn't anyone near Fishers.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Good for you PistolBob ~ I've developed a big aversion to WallyWorld lately too. Never heard of their stupid policies of only selling ammo during certain hours - just another reason to go elsewhere besides the near impossibility of finding so few items that are made in the USA. From personal experience I can also say that the Franklin WalMart is to be avoided if at all possible. There is no good reason to go there.

:rolleyes:

One of the INGO sponsors is US Ammo. They're cheap and deliver quick. Stop buying stuff from Walmart you guys.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I try to never shop at Walmart for anything. I spent less than $300 there during all of 2010, and I have spent 0$ there so far this year.

I shop at walmart for almost everything. I spent thousands there during 2010 and I have spent over $1,000 so far this year.:)

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Please quit buying from walmart. They're destroying the fabric of our society. Support local businesses and keep our dollars here in america. If not one day you'll be bowing down to their stupid policies on everything.:twocents:

Top Bottom