• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Many of our States Bridges between Indy and Evansville are not safe for Homeland Security to use. So unsafe, we do not know how to get help to Evansville incase of a major earthquake. Now "If this doesn't scare you then you aren't breathing."

Dear Homeland Security,

I understand you being frightened of bridges along say Hwy 67 or Hwy 231. In case you need to "help" the SW part of the state, I would suggest the following:

Highway 41-this carries LOTS of truck traffic and the bridges appear to be up to the task.

Railroads-the railways in SW Indiana frequently carry trains up to 150 cars and weighing over 21,000 tons. They should support some bureaucrats and a few cases of MRE's (scratch that, we make MRE's down here).

But most obvious, try I-69. It opens from Crane (a good staging point) to Evansville November 19th and is of new construction. I am sorry if your Google Maps has not updated yet to include this.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Anyone else get a personal FB PM from Dickie Essex? I'm NOT Intimidated just more entrenched in exposing 'yellow journalism' :rolleyes:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Anyone else get a personal FB PM from Dickie Essex? I'm NOT Intimidated just more entrenched in exposing 'yellow journalism' :rolleyes:
    Nope...

I would love to see that though...

As I would like to see someone talk to them about the State and Federal Laws that were broken filming the clip... :popcorn:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    So if I called DNR and told them what, if any, action could they take for that? And I'm nit sure if I want to call the BATFE. I don't want them knowing me outside of paperwork.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You want to set a precedent that anything you put tannerite into becomes "a bomb"?

Who needs to ban tannerite when you help set precedent which turns us all into "bomb makers"?

Knee jerk = bad law.

Goes both ways...

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    State Law Violation was shooting across a body of water...

Federal Law Violation when they turned a Mailbox into a bomb...

Link to the article on the Web Site...
    Senator wants to limit "easy access" to dangerous explosives - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

You forget, they had the IMPD bomb squad, the ATF and a state senator with them. They're above the law.

I'm guessing that it was done on private land. Is it illegal to shoot across a body of water on private land?

And what makes a mailbox a mailbox? It looks like they went to the hardware store and bought a mailbox to blow up. Is it illegal to blow up a "mailbox" that's just a metal box you bought that's not being used to receive mail?

I don't believe they were doing anything good, and the news piece sucked, but I'm just curious.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I want to outlaw pencils, a child could be stabbed by one.

On another note, I can't believe they didn't consider that pieces of the mailbox could fly back at them. Watching them in their moment of panic was amusing though.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Absolutely irresponsible journalism!!! Richard Essex must be trying to get a job with MSNBC. Talked about played-up reporting, and over-dramatization.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Guys! Guys! BREAKING NEWS!!! I had no idea how dangerous tannerite is. I got too close to a blast the other day and apparently I got some of the residue on my clothes before I got back in my truck. Saturday I turned the heater on and I got the smell of tannerite out of my ducts for a few seconds!!! IT CONTAMINATED MY TRUCK!!!

We. Are. All. Going. To. Die. Film at 11.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Top Bottom