WTS/WTT 7.62 x 45 mm ammo for vz-52 rifle, 15 boxes of 15 for $50.00 FTF

Last edited:

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    fit??

Hey it only fits the Czeck made VZ-52 rifle or the VZ 58 ak style rifles.
    They later converted the 52 rifles to a 52/57 model and used regular 7.62x39.
    ugly as all get out with a 2x4 feeling forearm and side folding blade bayonet... but they did work.
    This model is famous in a lot of pictures of Castro in the 60's Czeck.. armed a lot of the revolutionaries with the 52.

Vz. 52 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and by the way, that's a excellent price on that ammo, If I didn't have a lot I would scoop them up.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok, here's the problem:

That rifle is a kick ass gun. It and the M14/M1A are what I believe rifles intended for battle should be.

I really like the caliber too.

Problem is that I can't find one. There's one on GB for an insane amount, but it's chambered in 7.62x39mm.

What are my chances, really, of finding CZ rifle chambered for this cartridge? How about feeding it if I do find one at a reasonable price? Do they still make this ammo? Is the barrel pinned or threaded? (Thinking I could maybe make an interchangeable barrel model).

Insanely awesome rifle though... Sorry for half-jacking your "for sale" thread. I just think this is a good idea that was killed by standardizing Warsaw Pact nations - or that's what it looks like anyway.

Thanks,

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok, here's the problem:

That rifle is a kick ass gun. It and the M14/M1A are what I believe rifles intended for battle should be.

I really like the caliber too.

Problem is that I can't find one. There's one on GB for an insane amount, but it's chambered in 7.62x39mm.

What are my chances, really, of finding CZ rifle chambered for this cartridge? How about feeding it if I do find one at a reasonable price? Do they still make this ammo? Is the barrel pinned or threaded? (Thinking I could maybe make an interchangeable barrel model).

Insanely awesome rifle though... Sorry for half-jacking your "for sale" thread. I just think this is a good idea that was killed by standardizing Warsaw Pact nations - or that's what it looks like anyway.

Thanks,

Josh <><

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    About 10 yrs. ago you could buy a VZ 52 rifle for about $100.00. I think to make them 7.62 x 39 they installed a small insert in the chamber. The only ammo I know of is surplus ammo. If you ever find one there is another guy who e-mailed me and asked me if I wanted to buy more of the 7.62x45.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    And I'm still looking for a rifle. If I find one at a price I can afford, I will take this ammo.

But if someone else needs it, I would not expect you to hold it, without a retainer on my part.

Almost wonder if I could rework an SKS's chamber for one of these. I know a barrel maker, and the SKS was designed around the powerful 7.62x54R cartridge.

Just thinking aloud.

Free bump I guess.

Josh <><

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom