• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have an original Xbox that was modded with an 80GB HD. It has 103 Xbox games installed and almost every game from almost all previous systems (SNES, Nintendo64 Atari, Sega, etc.) Can function as a media center by storing music, movies and pictures. I can't list all the games but this will be FTF so you can check it out if you are seriously interested. Comes with 2 controllers. Also includes a 5-speaker "surround" system (wired, not true surround, shaped like the xbox so it fits on top or bottom, think I may be missing the cord that connects this to the xbox, havent had it set up in while)
    FTF only, Fort Wayne $200obo

Last edited:

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    My "more nerdy than me" friends did it years ago, but If I remember and understand your question right, they used some buffer overrun exploit in some game (don't remember). They soldered something inside and installed the EvoX shell. The original dashboard does NOT work, only the EvoX dashboard.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Sounds like they used the 007:AUF exploit to flash the TSOP. Did they install a switch or anything so you can still use xbox live?

xbox-forums.com for anyone looking for info on any of this....

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Sounds like they used the 007:AUF exploit to flash the TSOP. Did they install a switch or anything so you can still use xbox live? xbox-forums.com for anyone looking for info on any of this....

No switch, no Xbox live. I googled to find out what they used, I knew it would sound familiar. From The XBOX "MechAssault" exploit - Club CDFreaks - Knowledge is Power
    "The MechInstaller will modify the Xbox's system [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]software[/COLOR][/COLOR] on hard disk so that the Xbox accepts Linux. The problem is that this installer itself would be rejected by an unmodified Xbox, that's why we have to apply a trick to run it. It can be wrapped in a savegame, so if you select "Load Game" in the game MechAssault, the MechInstaller will be launched.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom