kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    WTS Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw .357 convertiable/ 1971 model

SOLD

WTS:

1971 Ruger three screw .357 revolver with additional 9mm cylinder. Shots .38, .357 in one cylinder and 9mm in the other. Comes with original purchase receipt, original boxes and bags. Gun is in 98.5% new shape!

Gunsmith said it locks up as tight as new, looks like it may have never or almost never been fired. Revelover hasn't had the 3 screw Ruger update (this is a good thing for a collector).

Asking $600 OBO, only trades considered would be S x S double barrell 12 guage shotgun

345fsxu.jpg

Thanks for looking...:popcorn:

Last edited:

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    With no update from Ruger what are the legal ramifications if it malfuntions?

Don't know; I am not a lawyer. Consult Ruger or your lawyer.

Ruger is eager to do the updates, so you could have it done. My understanding is that the gun is more collectiable without the update.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    With no update from Ruger what are the legal ramifications if it malfuntions?

If you carry it, carry it with the hammer on a empty cylinder like they used to do in the old days with the Single action.
    My :twocents: here but I would say with Ruger offering to do the Safety up grade for years and for free, that if you play :draw: cowboy and blow your toe off, it is your problem? :dunno:

one more

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Don't know; I am not a lawyer. Consult Ruger or your lawyer.

Ruger is eager to do the updates, so you could have it done. My understanding is that the gun is more collectiable without the update.

I agree. I would never send an OM Ruger back to the factory. If they get their hands on it it gets converted, whether you want to or not.

Yes it is more collectable with out the safety updates. And yes Ruger is eager to do the upgrades. If they feel that the original parts are in good repair/shape they will send them back with the revolver.

one more

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom