• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock2619

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hi. Well, I bought this thinking I have finally found the 1911 that I will carry. It just doesn't suit me. My 19 does just fine and this one, as nice as it is, will probably not get shot much. So, it needs to go.

History of the gun is (as best I can remember from the Springfield Custom shop lady running through the list quickly), It was born in 1994 as a compact Mil-spec. Steel frame, 4" barrel, conventional officers size barrel bushing(not bull-barrel). It was sent back to Springfield in '96 to be worked on to get it running correctly. In '97 it returned to the custom shop to have what they called (at the time I guess) their Super tuned package. 20 LPI frontstrap checkering, Wilson slide stop, thumb safety, and MSH, Ed Brown extractor, Smith and Alexander (I might be misquoting the brand-she was talking pretty fast) grip safety, Novak Night sights, Videcki(spelling?) speed trigger. Super Tuned engraved into the side of the slide and re-parkerized. Night sights are pretty dim/dead. Trijicon said $54 to replace all 3 vials with return shipping. I haven't done it yet.

Custom shop did all the work including polishing feed ramp and barrel/chamber. A bit of holster wear on the high points, but otherwise in very nice shape. Also has thin grips/bushings.

Comes with box, cleaning rod, book, 2 Wilson mags, and a don hume IWB holster.

$800 FTF. I'm in Lafayette. PM or email to contact. I will email pics to interested parties.

Thanks.

Top Bottom