• ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I have said it before.
    Sometimes things just sound way better or funnier in our heads as we type them.

If I have offended any of you potato heads, I am sorry!

This bickering and post thumping has been going on since before I arrived. I have mainly tried to remain civil if not cordial to everyone. Besides a few quips that bruised a few arms.

I have politely asked people to consider trades even though the ad asked to sell. It has been my experience that everything usualy is for sale and most of the members that are selling would be interested in trading for the right deal or item no matter what they say. Case in point, I will trade a colt AR for your Taurus PT1911. Getting mad over this is crazy. Put the crazy lowball offers on your post and shine the light on the ones that are doing it.

Some of the people that get so upset have been here for 5 minutes more than us noobs. Most of their posts are no better than ours and yet I have to wonder. Gee am I ruining someones day if I crack a joke or tell a story?
    I miffed one member for stating I felt someone calling their boss over a non dept. problem was as bad as someone calling their mommy.
    Hey fine I will back on ouuta there because heaven forbid...lol

I see post counts in the stratosphere and reps to boot. Then u read the posts. They are +1 and lol, followed with a what he said. So rank and post count or seniority are not the end all be all.

I kinda lost track of where I was goin.

Put me down for one thicker skin.

Have fun and if u get too upset it is time to look at the funny pic thread.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have said it before.
    Sometimes things just sound way better or funnier in our heads as we type them.

If I have offended any of you potato heads, I am sorry!

This bickering and post thumping has been going on since before I arrived. I have mainly tried to remain civil if not cordial to everyone. Besides a few quips that bruised a few arms.

I have politely asked people to consider trades even though the ad asked to sell. It has been my experience that everything usualy is for sale and most of the members that are selling would be interested in trading for the right deal or item no matter what they say. Case in point, I will trade a colt AR for your Taurus PT1911. Getting mad over this is crazy. Put the crazy lowball offers on your post and shine the light on the ones that are doing it.

Some of the people that get so upset have been here for 5 minutes more than us noobs. Most of their posts are no better than ours and yet I have to wonder. Gee am I ruining someones day if I crack a joke or tell a story?
    I miffed one member for stating I felt someone calling their boss over a non dept. problem was as bad as someone calling their mommy.
    Hey fine I will back on ouuta there because heaven forbid...lol

I see post counts in the stratosphere and reps to boot. Then u read the posts. They are +1 and lol, followed with a what he said. So rank and post count or seniority are not the end all be all.

I kinda lost track of where I was goin.

Put me down for one thicker skin.

Have fun and if u get too upset it is time to look at the funny pic thread.

When I started this thread I honestly meant it as a truthful joke. Meant as humor not directed at any one person. I honestly was bored and the thought entered my mind and after I laughed to myself, bam here we are. This is honestly supposed to be something for some people to read, laugh, and maybe post something funny themselves. It is after all a joke and if someone takes it for more than that.......then maybe they really should consider the deal. :patriot:

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    You are so right! Thick skinned, thin skinned, whatever. There seems to be a preponderance of quick to strike a-holes over the past few months. It seems to have been started by a handful of members who choose to treat the forum as their toy, to see what can be stirred up. This has grown like a cancer to new members who think this is the standard instead of the exception.

It's too bad that common courtesy among Hoosiers seems to have gone by the wayside. This used to be a place to learn and contribute what you've learned. Now days, you must constantly parse your words and, or opinion for fear of a multi-page argument from those who know nothing more than they like to argue.

Note- I guess this makes me a thin skinned whiner.:crying:

Well then you sir will get some cheese thrown into your order to go along with your whine......:D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    When I started this thread I honestly meant it as a truthful joke. Meant as humor not directed at any one person. I honestly was bored and the thought entered my mind and after I laughed to myself, bam here we are. This is honestly supposed to be something for some people to read, laugh, and maybe post something funny themselves. It is after all a joke and if someone takes it for more than that.......then maybe they really should consider the deal. :patriot:

lol

So Officer Friendly, exactly when did you stop violating peoples civil rights?

How many citizens firearms have you unlawfully unloaded, disassembled and damaged?

Do you ask "fishing" questions during the course of your day to trick lawful upstanding citizens into self incrimination?

Are you really the Gestapo? If so how do those boots feel while you trample our Constitution and liberty?

Just joshin ya!
    ---------------------
    Why'd you shoot all those men Billy?
    Cuz they were hackin on me!

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    lol

So Officer Friendly, exactly when did you stop violating peoples civil rights?

How many citizens firearms have you unlawfully unloaded, disassembled and damaged?

Do you ask "fishing" questions during the course of your day to trick lawful upstanding citizens into self incrimination?

Are you really the Gestapo? If so how do those boots feel while you trample our Constitution and liberty?

Just joshin ya!
    ---------------------
    Why'd you shoot all those men Billy?
    Cuz they were hackin on me!

I will go with you that you were just kiddin on the questions, but I will answer one because you may be the first to say something, but I'm sure you are not the first to think something.

The "Gestapo" was something I put there because I have been called that on this board. I put it there more as a sign that you can call me whatever you want but it wont change a thing. If anything it only serves to make me laugh and use those names in a manner that they were never intended to be used in. I might change it in a couple days.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I will go with you that you were just kiddin on the questions, but I will answer one because you may be the first to say something, but I'm sure you are not the first to think something.

The "Gestapo" was something I put there because I have been called that on this board. I put it there more as a sign that you can call me whatever you want but it wont change a thing. If anything it only serves to make me laugh and use those names in a manner that they were never intended to be used in. I might change it in a couple days.

I was teasing bout the Gestapo I just figured you were LE.

Oh! Trust me I was joking! I always joke. I'm a funny guy.

You would think as many here love bacon the LEO community would instantly be loved just for the added aroma. Come on admit it, the bacon jokes never get old. Like you haven't heard that one or similar 500 times.

Seriously until something really gets out of hand LEO's have it kinda sweet. All the guns, girls and glory. Tons of free legal advice from the citizens. Being treated with absolute respect every day and every where. Big paychecks and all that extra bribe money.

Honestly I get the calling but can't seem to wrap my head around the guys that do it for the badge balls.

It is a dangerous, thankless job with moments of pure terror for bad pay and mediocre benefits.

Either way goodluck and God bless!

C

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    crybaby.jpg

Top Bottom