• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Well, I've attempted several times to contact the NRA-ILA for assistance with this matter. The only response I got was an email giving me the Indiana Atty General contact info. Boy thanks! I'm pretty disappointed with the NRA efforts on this issue so far. I guess we can keep trying.

Last edited:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Well, I've attempted several times to contact the NRA-ILA for assistance with this matter. The only response I got was an email giving me the Indiana Atty General contact info. Boy thanks! I'm pretty disappointed with the NRA efforts on this issue so far. I guess we can keep trying.

If you want to do something about this then contact Gov. Pence, the ball is in his court, not the NRA.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you want to do something about this then contact Gov. Pence, the ball is in his court, not the NRA.

I've written multiple letters to Gov. Pence and I'm aware of a legislator asking him directly, and yet, no letter has gone anywhere from the Governor. I also contacted NRA-ILA to ask him to sign it and send it... since he seemingly cannot be bothered to respond to his constituents, I thought perhaps they might be able to convince him to do what we're asking.

My letter:
    Dear Mr. Chris Cox,
    Shortly before our last Indiana gubernatorial election, I received a mailing from the IN State Republican committee containing a message with your name attached, identifying that our 2A rights are safe with Mike Pence. While we've passed no laws opposing the RKBA, Mr. Pence, in his role as governor, has dragged his heels on an issue that would seem to be a "no-brainer".
    West Virginia law changed a while back, and they will recognize our License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) as valid, if and only if Mr. Pence, as governor, will send them a letter verifying that Indiana law will recognize their permit. Our law recognizes any and all such permits, from any governmental entity. Mr. Pence has repeatedly ignored messages asking him to send such a letter, including diverting the request to the State Police and simply ignoring the request. I'm even aware of one of our A+ rated state representatives asking him personally and him still sending nothing.

I am of the opinion that Mr. Pence will be less likely to ignore such a request coming from you. Would you please, on behalf of Indiana NRA members, contact Gov. Pence and ask him to send that letter? The Right to Keep and Bear Arms should not depend on one man's signature.

Thank you for your assistance. The favor of a reply is requested.

Have a wonderful day and a better week

Most sincerely,
    (redacted)
    NRA Life Member

Or is there some other means of contacting Mr. Pence that you know of that will work better?

Blessings,
    Bill

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Or is there some other means of contacting Mr. Pence that you know of that will work better?

Blessings,
    Bill
    We could take a page from the movie Christmas Vacation and kidnap him until he sees the error of his way.
    In reality you know he knows about this he just doesn't want to do it for whatever reason.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I am assuming that since gun rights interests were able to get a hot potato like short-barreled shotguns legalized under Pence that IN-WV ccw reciprocity would be a minor issue. Our efforts just need the right people involved. Perhaps the ISRPA PAC would undertake the issue.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Any update on this? I have to go to WV for a funeral with all my Liberal gun hating in laws. I have to drive through there and don't mind OCing for a little while if I have to.

Is it concealed if you have it on your hip underneath a coat/jacket of some kind??

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    WV has Constitutional Carry now at least for residents. I assume all non-prohibited persons can ccw.

Top Bottom