• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I figured that as long as it would take to watch the sights, I could run up there. 30 yard shots arent my forte on 1/2 targets. Neither is running, bit I do that slightly better than holding still for long shots

I shot them from the farthest point (by the stubby target on the left). I probably should have done it from the big opening at the end and been a few yards closer. I purposely shot 3,3,3,2 for a little insurance. I didn't walk down there to check to see if I needed the extra shots, but I got AA, AA, AA, AC.

I think I've also reached the point in the year where it's too hot for me outside. Unless we hit a weekend with a cool spell, that might be it for me until fall.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I shot them from the farthest point (by the stubby target on the left). I probably should have done it from the big opening at the end and been a few yards closer. I purposely shot 3,3,3,2 for a little insurance. I didn't walk down there to check to see if I needed the extra shots, but I got AA, AA, AA, AC.

I think I've also reached the point in the year where it's too hot for me outside. Unless we hit a weekend with a cool spell, that might be it for me until fall.

You looked worse than normal

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Non shooter close to course of fire

As I was watching the you tube video first stage I was very surprised to see a competitor waiting his turn to shoot standing very close to the course of fire. At least that's the way it looked to me. The scene was first stage after the first three targets on the right were engaged - then the shooter moved to the left. I'm not suggesting the shooter did anything wrong - just think it looked like the "bystander" was very close to the targets.

Was surprised the RO didn't ask the non participant to move further back. Again, perhaps just the camera angle - but the camera was on the shooter's head and down his line of sight.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As I was watching the you tube video first stage I was very surprised to see a competitor waiting his turn to shoot standing very close to the course of fire. At least that's the way it looked to me. The scene was first stage after the first three targets on the right were engaged - then the shooter moved to the left. I'm not suggesting the shooter did anything wrong - just think it looked like the "bystander" was very close to the targets.

Was surprised the RO didn't ask the non participant to move further back. Again, perhaps just the camera angle - but the camera was on the shooter's head and down his line of sight.

Wide angle lens on the camera distorts things. Look at the white barrels and walls, they have straight sides but the camera makes them look concave.
    The shooter and "bystander" are both RO's along with a couple others on the squad, in addition to the gent running the timer. Plenty of eyes were covering safety issues.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You looked worse than normal

I felt worse than normal.

It was bad for my squad too. I am comfortable using the Kindle, but Steve couldn't yell loud enough for me to sit in my chair and tap the scores. I tried moving downrange to hear better, but it was a little too much for me and I had to give up. I don't think I would have finished the day otherwise.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I felt worse than normal.

It was bad for my squad too. I am comfortable using the Kindle, but Steve couldn't yell loud enough for me to sit in my chair and tap the scores. I tried moving downrange to hear better, but it was a little too much for me and I had to give up. I don't think I would have finished the day otherwise.

You looked worse than normal but then again the only view I got of you was when you were bending over at your vehicle at Bay 5 and it wasn't pretty! :n00b:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Wide angle lens on the camera distorts things. Look at the white barrels and walls, they have straight sides but the camera makes them look concave.
    The shooter and "bystander" are both RO's along with a couple others on the squad, in addition to the gent running the timer. Plenty of eyes were t

The RO was behind the rope, but it looks like I almost ran into him. I didn't see the bystander but im guessing he was 6-7 feet back.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The shooter and "bystander" are both RO's along with a couple others on the squad, in addition to the gent running the timer. Plenty of eyes were t

The RO was behind the rope, but it looks like I almost ran into him. I didn't see the bystander but im guessing he was 6-7 feet back.

Do you mean you did not see him while you were shooting? He is well behind the 180 but probably a little close.

Top Bottom