• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    This Saturday, we're going to have our next USPSA match at Wildcat.

6 stages including a classifier.
    If we have enough time to setup all I want to setup, we're looking at 130-145 rounds.
    $20. Juniors half off with paid adult.

Setup will be Friday at 5 PM. Let me know if you'd like to help with this. We're always in need of extra hands so that we can get it all done before dark.
    Shooter's meeting at 9:45 AM Sat morning, match at 10.

I will have free water on site for everyone due to the heat. I'll do my best to have it on ice and cold.

We'll see you at the range.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I will be there early sat to help finish set up. I do have to leave at 2PM for prior commitment.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Im watching the weather and have talked a young guy I know to come out and take a peek at what its all about. He wont be shooting, just taking a look.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Why not shoot? Would he need to borrow equipment?

Its an equipment issue I believe and I have not shot with him before so Im not sure if he would be comfortable just diving in. I didnt want to push it so I told him what time we start and he told me he wants to come see what its like.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    So I just got back for setting up for tomorrow's match. Thank you so much to everyone that came out tonight to help setup. I think that's to most we've ever had.

I think we have a great match ready for you (or those of you who are still up to read this). If you are not on my email list and you'd like for me to email you the stages, let me know. Of course, actual courses will differ slightly.

6 stages, 1 classifier.
    round count is at a solid 126.
    $20 to shoot, $10 for junior with paid adult, $0 for those who worked their butts of tonight!

I WILL HAVE WATER on site, for free, in case you forget some.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    This was a great match this morning. It was my first USPSA ( Yes, I left IDPA for the Dark Side today.) These were challenging stages that took a lot of effort to put together. Thanks to jonny4523 for the match.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    This was a great match this morning. It was my first USPSA ( Yes, I left IDPA for the Dark Side today.) These were challenging stages that took a lot of effort to put together. Thanks to jonny4523 for the match.

Good. thanks for the good word! I got a lot of good reports from today, so I feel it was a success. That's for helping out for 5 hours last night helping set it all up!

I hope to have scores up tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    That was my first USPSA today as well and I had a great time. I will certainly be back for the next one.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    once again,JR put on a another great match. alot of effort went into those stages. if you didn't make it to this one,well....you just missed out!

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Yes the match was a great shoot. I still feel dirty myself, for shooting USPSA instead of IDPA this weekend. But there is an IDPA match next week.

I did enjoy the Texas Star, which was a bit intimidating since it was my first time shooting it with a pistol, but I finished it in last than 10 rounds.

Thanks to all for the match and setup/tear down folks for all their efforts, too!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Jonathan! Thanks to you and your setup crew for another fun match. I really enjoyed the accuracy demands and I greatly appreciate the water. Thanks to my squad mates for being fun and for bringing water to all of us each time you made the trip!

If anyone is curious about my time on the stage with the Texas star, I did not have a malfunction. Chris I challenged me to shoot it all weak handed, not expecting me to do it. Naturally, I did it! I got the six mini poppers with my first six shots, so when I was shooting AT the Texas Star, I was thinking about how I hit those poppers one for one . . . there was some . . . missing. Then on the paper, after I got my hits, I decided to go back across and put two head shots into all four paper targets. It took some extra time, but it was fun getting some additional weak hand practice and somehow I managed to avoid hitting any noshoots.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Jonathan! Thanks to you and your setup crew for another fun match. I really enjoyed the accuracy demands and I greatly appreciate the water. Thanks to my squad mates for being fun and for bringing water to all of us each time you made the trip!

If anyone is curious about my time on the stage with the Texas star, I did not have a malfunction. Chris I challenged me to shoot it all weak handed, not expecting me to do it. Naturally, I did it! I got the six mini poppers with my first six shots, so when I was shooting AT the Texas Star, I was thinking about how I hit those poppers one for one . . . there was some . . . missing. Then on the paper, after I got my hits, I decided to go back across and put two head shots into all four paper targets. It took some extra time, but it was fun getting some additional weak hand practice and somehow I managed to avoid hitting any noshoots.

It's always a pleasure seeing you come! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I should have scores up tonight when I get home.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

you're silly

Top Bottom