• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    Do any of you know much about these? It's a bolt action 8mm with a mauser body..

45649_10152007169690715_295794822_n.jpg

Last edited:

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    I am selling/trading a fishing boat and a guy wants to trade the gun. That is all the information he has given me, I have asked him to send pictures but he hasn't yet...he said it's a mauser body and was reconfigured after the war into a hunting rifle...I am asking 950 for my jon boat, I just had no clue about these.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He is not giving you enough information to make a decision. Also, most mausers converted into sporting rifles do not pull in that kind of cash.

Last edited:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I am selling/trading a fishing boat and a guy wants to trade the gun. That is all the information he has given me, I have asked him to send pictures but he hasn't yet...he said it's a mauser body and was reconfigured after the war into a hunting rifle...I am asking 950 for my jon boat, I just had no clue about these.

As a general rule military rifles that have been configured into sporting rifles generally lose their collector value. So basically whatever value you find a old used bolt action rifle in 8mm to be for you. To me based on the very limited info I would reckon it's worth $150-200. But thats arguable to each person. If I had a stash of 8mm ammo on hand then the rifle would be more appealing, but since 8mm isn't cheap or plentiful anymore I wouldn't want the rifle.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On second look, you need to get the information off the receiver. This does not look like a converted WWII mauser. It may be pre WWII sporting rifle with double set triggers. It may be worth more than a sportered WWII rifle.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    several barrels in the mid to late 30's were ludwig stamped, in the 50's and 60's a lot of the se rifles were sported out and had double set triggers installed.

Top Bottom