WWI finally ends - Germany paying off final owed for WWI (not II) war reparations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's screwed up.
    Yeah, it just goes to show you that you can't dig yourself a hole, and then dig deeper to get out of it. So what does our current POTUS and congress do? They dig the hole deeper to get out of it... unfortunately I have a feeling there will be a news article in 2247 about how the U.S. has finally paid off the last of it's debt on the Economic Stimulus plan of 2009. :xmad:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The biggest thing I think is screwed up is, while the COUNTRY has a potential obligation to pay the reparations (even though I think that was a huge screw up after WW1 for the Allies to do so), is the idea that the people that were harmed or the harmers are mostly long gone and dead. Sort of a children paying for a great grandfather's sins? Little to no sense, but then again, nothing about war, victory, loss or reparations makes any sense to me.

What, if any, are the financial consequences of WW2 that Germany has to pay?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The biggest thing I think is screwed up is, while the COUNTRY has a potential obligation to pay the reparations (even though I think that was a huge screw up after WW1 for the Allies to do so), is the idea that the people that were harmed or the harmers are mostly long gone and dead. Sort of a children paying for a great grandfather's sins? Little to no sense, but then again, nothing about war, victory, loss or reparations makes any sense to me.

What, if any, are the financial consequences of WW2 that Germany has to pay?
    In the article it said they paid in the way of machinery, equipment etc, not financially.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yeah, it just goes to show you that you can't dig yourself a hole, and then dig deeper to get out of it. So what does our current POTUS and congress do? They dig the hole deeper to get out of it... unfortunately I have a feeling there will be a news article in 2247 about how the U.S. has finally paid off the last of it's debt on the Economic Stimulus plan of 2009. :xmad:

Not likely, chances are is that there isn't going to be a "U.S." in the year 2247.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    But you get the point right? The point is that our leaders refuse to learn from history. You can't dig yourself out of a hole by digging the hole deeper.

Yup, which is the reason why I said that there probably wouldn't be a U.S. in the year 2247.

Top Bottom