• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I was wondering what all kinds of the different Bolt actions where from this time and what they are running now?

I know the Mosin 91/30, M44 as well as the Mauser K98 but don't have a clue what the Mauser runs.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    many rifles go in the 100-300 range for the most part. ammo is still rather cheap compared to everything else.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Save $600 to $800 and get a real bolt action a 1903a3, LOL. Im my mind the best darn bolt action ever made. Not to mention drop dead beautiful. I have a 1903a3 Sporter and would love to get my hands on a real issue one. Ya they cost as much as 6-8 Mosins but they are worth every last penny.

Or you can pick up a nice Sporter for under $400 pretty easily, mine was just North of $300, but have put that much into it already to get it looking like it is now.

Only Down side is there aint to much cheap 30-06 ammo out there anymore. Most cheap commercial loads go from $.60 to $.80 a piece.

n581381600_2157734_5197536.jpg

RyanWsly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St.Bernice
    Lots of variants of Nagants and Mausers, Enfields. You can pretty much just search by country and get an idea, rarity of each style dictates price from what I've seen, Slab is right $100-300 will get you quite a few different kinds, seems like 8mm and 7.62x54r ammo is easily had right now and costs roughly 20-40 cents a round for surplus stuff. You can go to sites like 7.62x54r and learn alot in a hurry about mosins and how many there are.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    In that case it is a good project to buy a sporter that inst to far molested and restore it. More money long run but you get the satisfaction of doing a good deed for a true classic.

But ya I hear ya the Yugo Mauser like the M48 and M24/47 can be had for $110-$150 (I just bought two more of them). There great deals and for a $150 dollar gun they sure hold a candle to much higher end pieces. Probably the best buy in today's market. I think they were made a lot better then the Nagants and for only a little more you get twice the gun, LOL sorry if that offended Nagant fans out there. Ammo can be had for $.25 cents a round faily easily.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    well i have owned the mosins thats why im asking about what other ones Kinds of WWII bolt actions there are and how much the price range is for each type ya know.

and what ones are the Longer Versions and short Versions jw?

and i dont much feel like doing alot of changes to a sporter to turn it in to a Military model.

RyanWsly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St.Bernice
    German, Spanish, Yugo, Swedish, Chilean are some of the mausers, and for all purposes so is the M1903 but they all have different price ranges K98 is $250-300 if you get a captured one, matching ones run $1000 possibly. Enfields are about the same I believe don't know for sure, they have a bunch of different models, and Mosins the refurbs are the $100 ones, the matching ones are quite a bit more and the Finns are too. Finns are much better quality then Russian mosins. Telling you to the best of my knowledge, I'm no expert for sure.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The ones I know a little about.

M1 Garands seem to go for around $495 for field grade up to $999 for Special grade from CMP. The ones that will bring higher prices go to auction and have brought up to 4K for a very late model with little or no wear. The common ones I have seen at the gun shows are going for around $800-$900.

M1 Carbines go for $419 to $695 from CMP, again the higher priced ones go to auction.

German Mauser K98's run from around $300 for a Russian capture with miss-matched parts and red shellaced stocks to $800 to $1200 for a matching vet bringback, the high end with bringback papers. (stay away from Mitchell Mausers)

Japanese Arisaka T-99's run from $150 with miss-matched numbers or last ditch rifles to $550 for completely matching, un-scrubbed mum with bolt dust cover and wire monopod. I don't know anything about the other models.

Mosins? For refurbs, $100 to $200, a little higher for M91s, for non import marked ones or nice samples of Remington or Westinghouse, the price goes up from there.

Don't know much about Enfields but they seem to go for a little higher than Mosins depending on model and condition, 1903's go for much more depending on if it is shootable and on condition but I don't know enough to put a price on one.

With the long long history of Mosins and all of the Soviet block countries and other countries that refurbed, remodeled, or manufactured them, and with the price the are going for, they are my favorite because I can afford to collect them. I don't have an Arisaka or Enfield yet.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    In that case it is a good project to buy a sporter that inst to far molested and restore it. More money long run but you get the satisfaction of doing a good deed for a true classic.

But ya I hear ya the Yugo Mauser like the M48 and M24/47 can be had for $110-$150 (I just bought two more of them). There great deals and for a $150 dollar gun they sure hold a candle to much higher end pieces. Probably the best buy in today's market. I think they were made a lot better then the Nagants and for only a little more you get twice the gun, LOL sorry if that offended Nagant fans out there. Ammo can be had for $.25 cents a round faily easily.
    Might I ask where you scored the M48? Great price.

Top Bottom