• ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey team,
    Here’s the update the tele I’ve been working on, it’s not done yet.. Yeah I know.. but it’s look cool so I just thought I would update the team..

IMG_9308-1.jpg

IMG_9311.jpg

IMG_9313-1.jpg

Now that the base coat is done, I’m starting in on the rivets. This look / affect is actually a pain in butt “hours wise”, but it’s cool when done right!. Haha

Step one layout the pattern:

IMG_9315-1.jpg

Step Two ~ Highlight and or drop shadow / whatever works for you, just make sure your using a reduced black / dark blue / sliver.. again whatever works here you for you and depending on your overall look.

IMG_9328.jpg

Step three ~ (Carefully) Peel off the sticker’s and drop shadow the inside lower of the rivet

IMG_9334.jpg

Last edited:

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Now add your reduced white and highlight your light source side / top or sides.. It really depends on how you want to show where you light source is coming from.

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

Installing some new hardware

IMG_9349.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

I’m about 80% complete at this point, I need / plan on adding the following effects to it just to finish it off.

A few (2 -3) bullet holes
    Rust / and grease marks on it to age it.. Its looks to new IMO.. But I can fix that..
    I need to go back in and work on the pinup girl, shadows and highlights etc.

IMG_9360.jpg

Thanks for your time everybody

Link

Oooh P.S.
    For what it worth.
    I did notice that I’m getting better.. Here’s a side by side view of one I did last year. I can totally see my progress on the girls and the overall look..

IMG_9376.jpg

I can still see areas that I need to go back in thou and touch up too..

Personally, I’m thinking that in another year from now (after much more practice) my pin ups are going start looking pretty HOT!!..:D hahaha..

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    :wow:

Can we ship you things? :D

Thanks sir.. I’m glad you like it.. but I’m sorry, I’m kind of busy at the moment.. I’ve got a mile shoot coming up that I’m making ballistic zombies for and I’ve got some other really cool projects I’m working on at the moment.. but thanks for the offer thou..

I’ll post pics.. you know me.. ;)

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have to say that is friggin AWESOME!! I have always love pin-up noseart, to the point that I had "Lucky Lady" painted on the .50 shields on my humvee in Iraq, until my jack*ss company commander thought it wasn't P.C. for the mission!

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    THAT is cool! I always wanted one of the Schecter 'Flying Tigers' guitars. they're kind of hard to find now. :rockwoot:

Yeah, that and "Bomber Girl" (I think that was the name) those were cool series of guitars.

Excellent work Linkpimp! :yesway: If you ever have the time and want to take on some projects from us INGO guitarists I'd really be interested in a custom Strat paint job.

Top Bottom