• ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey guys,
    I just thought I would share my latest project with you..

Basically I’m painting up a shotgun in a WWII nose art fashion /look. My thought was, that I'll make the 870 look more like a “cockpit gun”, something that the crew members would grab on the way out the door..

Ok so here’s where I’m at..

I dismantled the 870 as far as I dare go, then I sprayed everything down with Duracoat’s Truestrip Cleaner / Degreaser. This stuff works GREAT for what it worth.

After degreasing the parts, everything was lightly sanded with 400 gr paper, then washed off with just water and thoroughly dried. At this point I sprayed everything down with two light coats of Bulldog Adhesive. I’m not worried about the Duracoat sticking to the metal, but the stock, forgrip, etc are all plastic and well…. Bulldug and never let me down..

After waiting for the BD to dry (15 min) I started on my initial base coat and covered everything in an Urban Mirage White. It’s really more of a storm cloud look, IMO anyway.. now that I’ve got everything dry I’m putting her back together so I can continue on with the base colors.

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9139.jpg

Again I’m really looking for that WWII forest / olive green at this point, so I’m just mixing up some colors until I find just the right one..

Ahh found it…

Ok so here we have the gun after it’s first few light, sorry about the flash / bright pic

IMG_9143.jpg

Here we have the base coat done and I’m starting in on the nose art.. This is where I have my fun.. ;)

IMG_9153.jpg

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010

I’m about 75% complete at this point.. I’ve got to add some “other stuff” and touch up a few areas here and there, then I’ll be able to move to the other side..

I’m thinking about doing the other side in the “ Twerp or Sad Sack” theme..

p40thetwerp72.jpg

p38sadsack.jpg

IDK, TBD..

Anyway here’s where I’m at on this side, I’ve got a few hours left, but it’s coming along nicely:

IMG_9155.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

Thanks for your time everybody, I just thought I would share something different

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Looking good! Can't wait to see it completed.

Thank you.. I’m really enjoying this project.. I’m hoping to have it completed by the weekend. I’ll post up pics..

Thanks again.

Link.

Edit... But where are the eyes going to go? Scope?

Thank you..

As for the eyes... Well... You're going to have to trust me on this one.. I know what I'm going to do.. It's a surprise thou.. You wont see it coming and it should be the icing on the cake.. So to speak.. hahhaa

You’re going to love it!.. trust me.. hahahaa

Link

That's awesome! Love the 'Ruptured Duck', too. What movie was that from? I can't remember but that name has always stuck with me.

Hey thanks Sir, I’m glad you like it.. I think you thinking of 30 seconds over Tokyo?

Great work as usual! You have mad skillz!!!!

Hey thanks Colt.. I'm glad you like it.. I'm not done yet.. it should look really cool when it complete..

Sweet, linkpimp is back, and better than ever...

That is something I never thought about doing.

Thanks Sir.. I've got a few post coming up.. I've been gone for a while hahaaa.

I'm glad you like this one.. It should look cool when it complete..

Thanks again..

Link.

I like. More. MORE dangit!

Thank you.. I'm actually posting pics of the other side now..

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks

Link

I say barrel

I say it’s a surprise.. lol..

That's HAWT! Good job and we look forward to seeing the completed project.

Thanks Shooter. but it getter better sir.. I'm really liking the other side.. and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve I'll be pulling out for the grand unveiling.. hahahaaa.

Thank you again for the kind words and the vote of confidence, that I can actually pull this off.. hahahahahahahaaa

Link..

Looks pretty cool. I love the green.

Hey thanks Dave.. I really wanted that old look.. It took a few mixes to get it right, but overall it was worth the wasted paint..

Nice, Nice!

Thank you singlesix, I’m glad / stoked you like it.. cool.. wait to see the other side.. ;)

Looks great as always

Hey thanks Red… I do appreciate the kind words.. it does get better IMO.. the final product well.. it’s going to be something that you’ll judge all WWII themed shotguns against.. hahahahahahaha. It will become the base line, I’m setting the standards.. lol..

That's pretty awesome, I can't wait for the finish product. Ever thought about doing it as a part time job?

Thank you Sir.. I'm glad you like it.. Actually since Construction died off, I've been luckily enough to paint up a few local guys guns, got to pay the bills.. how the Construction in IN?? anyone looking for a extremely qualified PM / CM??

Area code 949 eh? Please send del taco and in & burger care package asap. K thanks.

Nope its 714, I’m 4.5 miles from the beach baby!.. lol.. Actually I just got Del Taco today.. Love that place.. in & out is great if your up to waiting for 20-30 minutes for your drive though..

you need to move to Indiana so you can paint some of mine

you need to move to Indiana so you can paint some of mine

The big question is?? How's the construction in IN and is anyone hiring??

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Ok team.. well good news.. I made some decent progress on the other side..

Here’s what I went through / where I’m at:

I’m about 40% complete at this point

IMG_9171.jpg

Continuing to work it, blaa, blaa, blaaa..

IMG_9187.jpg

Ok… now it’s starting to look like something.. J

IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9195.jpg

Here’s a quick shot of this side at about 75% complete.. personnaly.. I really liking it..

IMG_9204.jpg

Thank you again for your time team, I’ll post up pic of the completed project sometime this weekend.. I still need to go back touch up a few things and add a few goodies in the process..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom