• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I knew a Pilot who worked for Flying Tiger when I lived in Palos Verdes. How strange just to see a gun project in So Cal! Gotta love the Net.

More predictions, the eyes will be barrel mounted, probably on a barrel clamp.

I prefered the Red Onion, but that was 40 years ago

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey team..
    I’m stuck and could use some advise.. Actually I’m just having mind melt and I… Well how would you finish this off.. :dunno:

I’m cool with how this side is, the polished slide actually kind of pulls it all together for me

IMG_9205.jpg

IMG_9223.jpg

But… Well this side.. is just not working for me.. IDK..

IMG_9203.jpg

IMG_9216.jpg

I’ve got this area I need to fill but how and with what???????

IMG_9215.jpg

IMG_9219.jpg

I was going to add a bunch of panels & rivets to it, but I’m just not seeing it.. I think it would be too much. I really started out with the intent of making more of a cockpit rifle than some piece off art, if that makes sense. ?

I was going to add 30 mm shrapnel and 50mm bullets holes to it, I was thinking I could come in with a bullet hole scraping the side and using that as the other (eye) to the shark mouth?

I was thinking using / adding some kill signs to it, ?? I could put in some camels, I was thinking about making up a hippy dude, IDK, I can really do anything here but again I just don't know??

Sooooo what do you guys think? What’s going to complete this side?

IMG_9220.jpg

Any advise?

Thanks

Link.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's awesome..

How about (think of "kills") putting on a small Japanese "Rising Sun" Flag with 5 or 6 hashes?

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    That's awesome..

How about (think of "kills") putting on a small Japanese "Rising Sun" Flag with 5 or 6 hashes?

I’m actually really thinking hard about that.. The only problem is the size.. I’ll need to make them so small to proportion right.. I just don't know.. I was also thinking about in white lettering referring to the Pilots name. (LT. Owen Reeder) I believe.. I’ll need to look it up..

Thanks thou.. I’m thinking about it.

I’m also torn tooo.. I think if I made up some bullet holes for “eye” that might look cool to? Or is that too much?? Probably to much hahahaa..

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I think a few bullet holes would be the ticket, not many, just enought take up some space. Or, possibly list some B-17 "hot spots" kind of like the World Massacare Tour for the AK-47 shirts. Could even do a stylized flight plan map showing of major points of interest. Whatever you chose I'm sure will be top notch.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Looks awesome right now man!!! I really like the kill signs idea. Also what if you were to just move the star forward toward the 870 marking? It might break up the empty space and still not be adding anything that you don't want on there. I am nobody to make suggestions to you though. You are the man when it comes to stuff like this. Great job!!!

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I think a few bullet holes would be the ticket, not many, just enought take up some space. Or, possibly list some B-17 "hot spots" kind of like the World Massacare Tour for the AK-47 shirts. Could even do a stylized flight plan map showing of major points of interest. Whatever you chose I'm sure will be top notch.

I'm actually going to sign off and mock up a few bullet holes and see what that looks like.. again I totally understand about not to many but I do think that a few or one really cool torn metal one would work..

Thanks for the input.

Looks awesome right now man!!! I really like the kill signs idea. Also what if you were to just move the star forward toward the 870 marking? It might break up the empty space and still not be adding anything that you don't want on there. I am nobody to make suggestions to you though. You are the man when it comes to stuff like this. Great job!!!

Thank you Sir.. I appreciate the kinds words. really.. that’s cool..

I'm also going to mockup some kills signs and see too.. No please I'm the nobody and I really appreciate the teams thoughts.. I get so focused some times it’s nice to just step back and look at and go.. Well its cool.. But it needs something to make it pop.. hahaha

Thanks again..

Link

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I did a Google image search for WWII Bomber nose art and it came up with a ton of pics.

these are my favorite
    http://image.hotrod.com/f/9247840/hrdp_0704_35_z+1973_chevrolet_camaro+project_f_bomb_nose_art.jpg

http://thegiguys.webs.com/dday doll.jpg

http://www.dunrobincastle.com/Nose_Art/NA_Images/NA_Cover_Book1.jpg

Or your could paint a few "bombs" on the side infront of the star like these... http://mighty8thaf.preller.us/albums/364thBS/Plane_of_the_305th_4124615_Target_for_Tonite.sized.jpg

Love your work....Keep it up!!

Top Bottom