• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guess he likes the state being able to steal people money without a trial or anything. The reforms their legislature passed were not bad. They would have limited the thefts of money and property and made it so innocent people weren't stripped of their belongings without a trial and conviction. Guess the drug warriors need to be turned out. Their anti-liberty ways are bad for the country and the states. Here's hoping the Wyoming legislature has the votes to overturn the veto and shove it up his keister.

Wyoming Governor Vetos Asset Forfeiture Reform Bill | The Daily Caller

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    I disagreed with this back when California passed it in 1993. In Michigan and California all they have to do is suspect that you acquired the house, car, flat screen TV, Ipad, or any other items by a criminal venture. Now in California and Michigan guilt of a criminal venture or all the proof the courts need is that there was enough probable cause to issue a search warrant. That is right! Getting your stuff back is nie imposable the system is rigged against you. Now I am in no way saying that every person that falls victim to this law is completely innocent, all I am saying is there was not enough evidence to bring them to court.
    There are enough news journalists that have reported on these confiscations to see that they are not targeting the Tony Montanas of the world like the law intended.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Disappointing to see WY would elect a RINO gov. I once read that WY was the most conservative state.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Well, that does it! I'm turning into a flaming liberal!

:rolleyes:

THIS^^^

mrj - most of us (taking jobs or family connections that tie us to Indiana out of it), would LOVE to live in Wyoming. Their government, in large measure, is WAY less intrusive that Indiana's - and Indiana's is on the less intrusive side of the nation.

But veto ONE bill like this and you will be branded a statist pig for life.

Yeesh.

Yes I disagree with his decision in this case. But I would move to WY in a heartbeat based on the government there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    THIS^^^

mrj - most of us (taking jobs or family connections that tie us to Indiana out of it), would LOVE to live in Wyoming. Their government, in large measure, is WAY less intrusive that Indiana's - and Indiana's is on the less intrusive side of the nation.

But veto ONE bill like this and you will be branded a statist pig for life.

Yeesh.

Yes I disagree with his decision in this case. But I would move to WY in a heartbeat based on the government there.

He's not all bad:

On March 2, 2011 Wyoming Governor Matt Mead signed legislation to allow Constitutional Carry.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    He was probably under pressure from LE groups to not pass it. Typically these governors do not like to approve something like this without LE buy in (as if they should even have a say). You see this all the time in MI and they even say when defending the governors position (as with recent CPL reforms) that there was state police approval etc etc.

Top Bottom