• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbill1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    South Bend
    Just picked up some X Grip mag extensions to use 226 mags in my 229. The mags fit fine before but these extensions fill the void below the grip. Nice product.

joe cool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I've been considering grabbing a couple full size M&P 40 mags for my 40c and slipping these on them. Glad they worked out for you, I may have to go for it now. The idea of 15 round reloads vs 10 is tempting as long as the xgrip doesn't make them too bulky to conceal easily. Do you think that would be an issue?

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    The 226-229/228 is nice since it only ads a scant 1/2" or so. I was given a 226 mag when I got my 228 and so I bought the xgrip just because. I may get one of the 17 or 18 round 226 mags and another xgrip now. They are better quality item than I thought I was getting which is always a pleasant surprise.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used a few of them on my M&P9c.

Liked them well enough.

The only issues: They didn't fit tight enough to the bottom of the mag to keep the thing from sliding as the mag was mounted in a belt holder. This can absolutely hinder reloading...as you now have to work against sliding the XGrip + normal reloading tension.

The way MY hand fit on MY gun - I'd get pinched where the XGrip met the bottom of the gun grip.

-J-

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I used a few of them on my M&P9c.

Liked them well enough.

The only issues: They didn't fit tight enough to the bottom of the mag to keep the thing from sliding as the mag was mounted in a belt holder. This can absolutely hinder reloading...as you now have to work against sliding the XGrip + normal reloading tension.

The way MY hand fit on MY gun - I'd get pinched where the XGrip met the bottom of the gun grip.

-J-

Wrap the bottom of the magazine once or twice with electrical tape. I had the same issue with my X-grips with my full size M&P 9 magazines & the electrical tape gave it enough extra realestate for the Xgrip to stay firmly in place.

Top Bottom