• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    For those of you interested, I x-rayed my M&P today while at training. I had to get the program installed on my work laptop and to make sure it worked properly I had to x-ray something and my gun was the closest thing at hand. I could have tweaked the image to make the internals of the slide stand out more clearly but I had other things to do so I just left it as the original image.

Did You use your search function to verify that that there are not other threads showing an X-rayed M&P 45 going? How many times do we have to cover these same topics?

Seriously this is a great pic of a nice weapon; inside, and out.
    Thanks.

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    Nice pic! I have always wanted to try that but i think they would fire my butt where i work. I have taken several interesting xrays but the one I remember the most was the guy who came in with a tall can of shaving cream inserted in a region where shaving cream cans were not meant to go. I guess it was a case of oops, i tripped and fell on a can of gillette :nuts:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Was there a round in the chamber when you did this?
    Just curious if the chamber was empty or if you just cant see it because the slide is too dense of a material.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    OK, Frank_N_Stein, now I am getting worried...... Police have been irradiating us with microwave scalar radiation (radar) for years, Now we have to put up with ionizing radiation? Now even my chromosomes are getting curb stomped.

Use your new toy wisely! If you expose criminals to x-rays too often, you could create a generation of mutant criminals! That might be fun for you, but I have to live out here with them!.

And P.S. Watch out for your thyroid, I hope they gave you some kind of shielding to use with that thing.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    OK, Frank_N_Stein, now I am getting worried...... Police have been irradiating us with microwave scalar radiation (radar) for years, Now we have to put up with ionizing radiation? Now even my chromosomes are getting curb stomped.

Use your new toy wisely! If you expose criminals to x-rays too often, you could create a generation of mutant criminals! That might be fun for you, but I have to live out here with them!.

And P.S. Watch out for your thyroid, I hope they gave you some kind of shielding to use with that thing.
    Focus it on their jimmies and we won't have to worry about another generation of criminals!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Was there a round in the chamber when you did this?
    Just curious if the chamber was empty or if you just cant see it because the slide is too dense of a material.

Yes, there was a round in the chamber. You can barely make it out on the laptop screen. If I would have tweaked the image it would have been more visible.

ETA: you can see the round underneath the area where the top of the barrel is lightly lower than the top of the slide.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I'll have to rep you when I get to a real computer, that was funny. We don't have shielding, we just stand outside the minimum safe distance required by the manufacturer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't usually take my lunch to training, but I'll find something interesting to x-ray for you.

GiggityGiggity.jpg

Top Bottom