• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Am I the only one who is happy with his Wii?

Hell, I've not even turned the stupid thing on in 2 years. May not even bother unpacking it. :dunno:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I dont think it sounds terrible, nor does the PS4. I think E3 will determine a lot more for both consoles. Right now I will lean towards the X-1...(see what I did there) but that all can change once pricing and all the other details become more established. I enjoy mt PC gaming but I cant take my PC when Im away on the weekends. I would always take my 360 with me to watch movies on the boat or maybe a game occasionally. I guess we wait till E3...

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I'm pumped about the Xbox One...this thing is a beast. I'm actually glad they did not make it backwards compatible. That means the game designers will have to create next gen / better graphics engines which in turn should give us higher quality games. I'm also excited about the integration with my cable box and I'm interested to see how well Internet Explorer works. If SmartGlass works as well as advertised then I can easily see this replacing my computer for day to day internet surfing.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, looks like they're trying to put Gamestop out of business and stop you from giving your property away. M$ is trying to break the current copyright law and establish their own rules. Can't wait to see how this crap plays out in the courts. It's certainly going to get them sued, and I for one hope they get it hard and fast. It's also going to be "always on" and have to have a constant hookup to the internet.

Latest News About Xbox One And Used Games Only Muddies The Waters

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Every Xbox one will ship with a kinect which I have no use for. It MUST be connected for the Xbox to work. Also I have read somewhere that even single player games will need to connect to the Internet to verify that they are legal. That means if you don't verify then they will NOT play. Whether all these come true will shape my decision on whether to buy or not. I have both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 with plenty of games in my backlog.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I have a Nintendo, it does what I need out of a game system... Turn on when Im bored with absolutely nothing else to do in the world, and entertain me long enough to come up with something better to do.

I dont understand the gaming world, but to each their own I reckon.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Still not buying one as of now... I am not a hard core gamer by any means. I do like to play games though on my 360.

From the following link on Forbes
    The tech giant posted a slew of information about the Xbox One on Thursday evening. It confirmed that the console will need to be connected to the internet once every 24 hours in order to function, making life very difficult for gamers with an unstable internet connection, and near-impossible for most soldiers. There will be restrictions on how you can loan games, and while you can still give games to your friends, each game can only be given once. Used games can be sold at retail stores only with the publisher’s permission.

Microsoft Confirms Gamers' Fears Over Xbox One - Forbes

Xbox Wire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ahh...no backwards compatibility and always-on DRM. What, did EA send over some of their staff to advise Microsoft on their product specifications?

I've been happy and satisfied with the Xbox and the 360. I will not buy this piece of garbage. Looks like PC games for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If i do get one it wont be till months after its out. Sounds like there are way to many things i dislike about this console to fork over 500 bucks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There's apparently some privacy concerns with the Kinect 2. May want to do some research before you bring one into your home. I don't know how legitimate the fears are, I won't be buying one regardless, but just something to consider.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'll sell and loan my games however I damn well please, and there is no reason I should have to have internet access to play a single player game. Microsoft can shove it in their rears; If I get another console it's a PS4. At least there's backwards compatibility.

ATM I have the Xbox 360 and I'm quite happy with it. If they would have stuck along similar lines to the 360 I would be buying the Xbox One, but instead Microsoft decided to stick it to their customer base.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    New! NSA Capable Xbox!

“Items of interest will be located, identified, monitored, and remotely controlled through technologies such as radio-frequency identification, sensor networks, tiny embedded servers, and energy harvesters — all connected to the next-generation internet using abundant, low-cost, and high-power computing, the latter now going to cloud computing, in many areas greater and greater supercomputing, and, ultimately, heading to quantum computing.”

D. Petraeus

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I'll sell and loan my games however I damn well please, and there is no reason I should have to have internet access to play a single player game. Microsoft can shove it in their rears; If I get another console it's a PS4. At least there's backwards compatibility.

PS4 will not be backwards compatible either.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The bluray drive is a good addition to it, but like many here, I'm not willing to spend hard earned money on gaming right now...it's just not important to me at the moment.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I plan on buying neither of the next gen consoles. I still game, but mostly on my PC. I use my PS3 for blu-rays only essentially.

I will, however, be picking up The Last of Us when it comes out next Friday as it looks awesome.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom