• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay, here is my dilemma. I have an XD sub compact in .40 and LOVE it. I want to shoot 9mm through it when just plinking for cost reasons. I know there are conversion barrels avail. but I want to know if I can just drop an OEM 9mm barrel in. Also wondering if the 9mm barrel really must be from a sub compact or not? Last question, is there anyone here that has upgraded their 9mm barrel and wants to part with the OEM one? Naturally the last question can be ignored if it won't work, but I suspect it will. Thank you in advance and be assured that I am hesitant to screw around with 9mm because I hate it and will NEVER even consider it for SD purposes, but it really is cheaper to plink with. Additionally, please do not suggest that I just buy a 9mm because I won't nor will I buy a glock.

ETA: don't take my 9mm or glock flaming too seriously as I have been known to carry 9mm kurz (.380) and even .25acp.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I will see the President and employees of Springfield Armory next week at Camp Perry. I will ask him and them and get back to you.

I am sure there are INGO members there right now. Maybe one of them will ask the question and post the answer before I can get up there.

Of course, if you are in a hurry for a definitive answer, you could always call them....They are great folks.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I know there are conversion barrels avail. but I want to know if I can just drop an OEM 9mm barrel in.

No.

I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my XD-40 4", I think it's a EFK Fire Dragon. Works fine. The first couple of magazines I had a couple failures, but none since. It is just as accurate if not more, than the factory barrel.

You need the conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine.

You can't use a "stock" XDsc 9mm barrel, you will have FTE. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the coversion barrel is bored slightly off center so the extractor will engage the groove on the case.

Or take the money and pay for a reloading set up, and you can reload .40 for less than the cost of factory 9mm.

Top Bottom