• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I think you'll be happy with the M&P. I have the 9mm fullsize, getting the 9mm compact probably next week and a Shield is in my future too. I just ordered an Apex carry trigger kit and RAM for my fullsize and pretty sure I will get another set for the compact. The trigger is the complaint I hear most, and the Apex stuff should fix that.

That being said, I think any of the big 3 (M&P, Glock, XD) are all great guns, just a matter or preference on which is "best".

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    M&P hands down winner on this one for me. I have had a couple XD's and never could really get into them. I recommend getting either the compact or the shield if you are planning to carry it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    FWiW... IndyGuy77 and I tried one another's M&P9's today. He has just the sear, and I have the duty kit (But with stock m&p trigger spring in it instead of the duty spring). We both agreed that there was no discernable difference between our triggers, which led us to believe you could put just the apex sear in, with the same result, only cheaper.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have owned both, and in my personall opinion, I liked the M&P more so.

1. The Xd is a chunky gun. The M&P is slimmer and feels better balanced.
    2. I was not a big fan of the grip safety on the Xd.
    3. The M&P has interchangeable back straps.

On that note, both where accurate and 100% reliable.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    m&p Trigger

I've never put a new trigger in a gun. I've never felt the need to. So how much are the triggers for the M&P?

Haven't read all replies, but the Apex sear will take all the grit and give you about a 4# trigger ...... Sorry, All ready posted

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I've never put a new trigger in a gun. I've never felt the need to. So how much are the triggers for the M&P?

About $80 from Apex, but it's an aluminum trigger. Apex is supposed to be producing a polymer model soon. The trigger is fine, just need to smooth it out a bit, and maybe move the break forward a wee bit.

Apex has a ton of videos on this on YT and their website. There are also smiths who will do trigger jobs for about the same price.

Top Bottom