• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fosgailte

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2017
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    XDs is a awesome pistol. It's at least as good as Glock for reliability with a barrel that offers more versatility (can use reloads). They have a mil/le/first responder program too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    You're actually close enough we could work out a test drive for you

I would be very interested in this, test runs are always useful. Plus a chance to meet the community. Im sad to hear such negative reviews on the bodyguard it has a lot of nice features in a nice size at a pretty reasonable price point.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Curious if the rural king xds will work for the gear up promotion. If so i would agree that is a helluva deal.

The Gear Up promo is good with any new Springfield pistol:

Springfield Armory GearUp 2017

GearUp2017_TopLogo.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Sorry I keep bumping this thread guys, i just like to put my thoughts out there. I am currently carrying my 1911 iwb in a bianchi allusion supression holster. If there was a way i could conceal my full size better then that might elminate my need for a new gun entirely. Is there a better way? Id like to stay iwb unless you can convice me otherwise. My work forces me to grab things off the floor pretty often and i am often times in close proximity to highly likely anti-gunners. Maybe a holster with less mass? Summer special maybe?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I'll attempt to summarize my most recent CCW search. I already owned the XDS and shield from Smith. I had owned a 380 body gaurd, but it was sold. I own a Kimber ultra carry as well and a kel-tech. My job required me to sit most of the time but I would have to stand,not upon my choosing, but when someone would come into my office. AIWB would be OK as would ankle carry. I bought a Derringer (terrible move) and while it was easy enough to conceal, man did it suck. I had to believe that I could deal with any reasonable that, but not have to seek, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver. The shield and xds just caused too much discomfort throughout the day and I would find myself justifying not carrying. Along came tyne J-frame and a DeSantis clip grip. BINGO! All problems were solved. My extremely deadly range shrunk to 15 yards but that was totally acceptable. I took it to a class (ACT night Shoot) and was totally happy in all aspects accept the 5 rounds, cause let's be real, you ain't standing still when fighting and you ain't looking long at a gun when moving for your life. So, you get what you get and don't throw a fit. The 327 was nearly as easy to conceal and had more bullets. I've got a22 mag baby revolver, but don't consider that a primary at all.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sorry I keep bumping this thread guys, i just like to put my thoughts out there. I am currently carrying my 1911 iwb in a bianchi allusion supression holster. If there was a way i could conceal my full size better then that might elminate my need for a new gun entirely. Is there a better way? Id like to stay iwb unless you can convice me otherwise. My work forces me to grab things off the floor pretty often and i am often times in close proximity to highly likely anti-gunners. Maybe a holster with less mass? Summer special maybe?

When I carried a 5" 1911 while working IT, I used a smartcarry. It's the thingy that straps around your waist and holds the gun between your undies and your pants. The gun is worn sort of like an athletic cup. If anyone notices a little bulge there, they aren't going to talk about it.

It's not ideal and is a slower draw than a belt holster, but when concealment matters more than draw speed it's a good option. Working in the interior of a building, if there's an active shooter then draw speed isn't the issue unless you're first.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The shield/43/XDS are all too big to pocket carry for me. I carry IWB a glock 43 and have owned all 3 pistols. I'm not a huge fan of the XDS I prefer the 43 followed closely by the shield then XDS. It doesn't fit my hand well and is a little bigger

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I agree with those that said the bodyguard has a terrible trigger. I bought a lcp a couple years ago and pocket carry almost every day in a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I have the original lcp but with the better trigger. I would like to shoot one of the newest versions.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The shield/43/XDS are all too big to pocket carry for me. I carry IWB a glock 43 and have owned all 3 pistols. I'm not a huge fan of the XDS I prefer the 43 followed closely by the shield then XDS. It doesn't fit my hand well and is a little bigger

Can't get my head wrapped around the 43 price, else I liked it and I am a Glock hater.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    Have you considered one of the small revolvers like the lcr? Two of the guys I work withe pocket carry revolvers one has an lcr 38 SPL and the other carries a Taurus 357, I think it's the 605 poly frame only issue he had was finding a holster for the poly frame because it's size is different from the metal frame versions.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    ^ actually i went for a short walk around town a few days back with an old s and w .22 snubby in an uncle
    mikes pocket holster. I decided that i think i just dont care for pocket carry as much. And if its going on my hip the xds size is about right, but then i discovered the walther ccp and that thing was slick so i impulse bought. Range day is tomorrow but if it shoots like its built this thing is going to be the PERFECT piece for me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ^ actually i went for a short walk around town a few days back with an old s and w .22 snubby in an uncle
    mikes pocket holster. I decided that i think i just dont care for pocket carry as much. And if its going on my hip the xds size is about right, but then i discovered the walther ccp and that thing was slick so i impulse bought. Range day is tomorrow but if it shoots like its built this thing is going to be the PERFECT piece for me.

Nice choice. Let us know how it shoots.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    XDS is a great option. Personally, I can't fit mine in my pocket. But don't think I haven't tried already. It is a great gun. I picked up one of the 45s back when they first come out. Not a huge fan of shooting the XDS due to it being so small and in a 45 caliber (go ahead, make fun of me). The 9mm is a great option for this gun. And now since they are doing a rebate on the XDS, it's an even better deal. Mine doesn't have quite that many rounds, but I can say they work great and function without a problem. My dad has 2 of the 9mm. One in the 3.3 and another in the 4.0 configuration. He loves them both but seems to carry the 4.0 or his Performance Center Shield.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Walther ccp 300 rounds,124gr, 115 gr, 124 gr golden saber, 147 plus p golden saber. And one fte but that was probably me shooting off hand.

and ive never shot a firearm so well. So pleased, thank you walther!

Top Bottom