• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I like turtles..........

Here ya go... He lives in my back yard in Fishers. His name is Alfred. He has his own Myspace and Facebook pages and a website. He's 38 years old and weighs 100 pounds and should live to be 125-150. Didn't mean to threadjack.

alkids.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hmm... undecided.

I'll just wait for more compelling and unbiased evidence and testimony which will surely follow.

:popcorn:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The XD has more safety features. It's got the grip safety AND all versions have a tactile cocking and loaded chamber indicator. The early Glocks had neither. The XD fits MY hand better. Glocks are fantastic, proven firearms, but I like the safety features of the XD.

How do you like your security blanket? Don't you have a "functioning brain?":lmfao:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    How do you like your security blanket? Don't you have a "functioning brain?":lmfao:

Why I oughta.... :draw: lol!

I do have a G26 and a G19. But those are just for students. Once they see the XD they understand. Could be the product of a functioning brain. :D

Indy Gun SAFETY... get it?! SAAAAAFFFFFEEEETTTTTYYYY!

Let me add one other thing: Let's say you are the average Joe with a gun in a safe under your bed. At 0300 you here breaking glass and footsteps coming down the hall. You have not had the gun out of the box in 3 months. You get it out and wait behind the bed in the bench rest position. Now all you have is time. Time to think. OMG! Is it loaded? Is there a round in the chamber?!? In an instant you know with your XD even in complete darkness. Not so with most of the Glocks.

And like Joe said above, for me, it just fits better.

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    There are ardent proponents here for both guns. Typically, as jclark predicts, threads of this topic don't end well. Let me tell you what everyone is going to say. First...

[snip]

With this combination of thread participant in is unlikely, but not impossible for the conversation to turn out beneficial to anyone. This is particularly true when the XD is involved. As an aside, the OP already knows how I feel about the glock vs. XD topic so it was unnecessary for me to make a serious post just yet.

You forgot to mention the other type of participant. The one who tells everyone how the thread will go and ruins the suspense for me. (This type often OCs a 1911.) :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When talking about 9mm, for me there is one major objective difference, and that is the fit and feel of the guns in my hand. The XD fits, the Glock doesn't so well. I point the XD at the target, look at the sights, and they are on target. I like the grip safety on the XD, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor in a purchase. The XD is better suited to cast bullets. There are people who use them in Glock's, but it's not recommended.

Objectively, that's pretty much it. Durability, accuracy, reliability, these are all a draw between the guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Screw it. I'm giving up my XD and my Glock and buying a squirt gun.

mcqjdh.jpg

Ha! Your grip angle and pink coloration are a joke!
    That thing is probably prone to hard water kaboom.

Mine has higher capacity, pump action, a bi pod, multiple barrels and a tactical strap.
    I'ma let yo finish but, Everyone know the supersoaker is the best squirt gun around! :yesway: :ar15: :n00b: :D

super_soaker_monster_xl.jpg

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Ha! Your grip angle and pink coloration are a joke!
    That thing is probably prone to hard water kaboom.

Mine has higher capacity, pump action, a bi pod, multiple barrels and a tactical strap.
    I'ma let yo finish but, Everyone know the supersoaker is the best squirt gun around! :yesway: :ar15: :n00b: :D

super_soaker_monster_xl.jpg
    Somebody is compensating!

I have not shot the XD but really want to try it. I own two pistols and they are both Glocks. I have no issues with them. The reason I want to try the XD is because of the grip angle. I would not choose it as a carry gun though because of the grip safety. For competition though I think I might like it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I personally think the M&P is the best of the three. I think the XD/m is a better pistol than the Glock, but it should be. I think both SA and SW looked at what Glock did right and improved on the pistol.

Why do I prefer the Glock?

- I can buy one cheap and shoot it for years.

- There are also Glock armorers all over the country, never have to worry about mailing it in for anything. Even better, it's an easy gun to learn and work on. I have a Glock armorer DVD and pretty much can do anything myself.

- Spare parts and upgrades available, more than I'd ever need to chose from. Trigger jobs, barrels, springs, you name it you can have it. I also like keeping spare parts for SHTF.

- In SHTF scenarios, I won't have to many problems finding spare mags since so many LEO/LTCH folks carry a Glock. Might also make for good bartering.

With all that said, I may end up with an M&P .40 as my primary carry gun, but the G23 with both .40 & 9mm barrels and mags will be my SHTF/backup gun.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I personally think the M&P is the best of the three. I think the XD/m is a better pistol than the Glock, but it should be. I think both SA and SW looked at what Glock did right and improved on the pistol.

Why do I prefer the Glock?

- I can buy one cheap and shoot it for years.

- There are also Glock armorers all over the country, never have to worry about mailing it in for anything. Even better, it's an easy gun to learn and work on. I have a Glock armorer DVD and pretty much can do anything myself.

- Spare parts and upgrades available, more than I'd ever need to chose from. Trigger jobs, barrels, springs, you name it you can have it. I also like keeping spare parts for SHTF.

- In SHTF scenarios, I won't have to many problems finding spare mags since so many LEO/LTCH folks carry a Glock. Might also make for good bartering.

With all that said, I may end up with an M&P .40 as my primary carry gun, but the G23 with both .40 & 9mm barrels and mags will be my SHTF/backup gun.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

WTF???:n00b: has the world turned upside down? I don't believe what I'm seeing, tell me your joking.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Hickman has spoken well of the M&P line on several threads that I have seen, no surprise.

I just picked up a M&P 9 Pro from mhank and I can wait to try out this bad boy.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Hickman has spoken well of the M&P line on several threads that I have seen, no surprise.

I just picked up a M&P 9 Pro from mhank and I can wait to try out this bad boy.

no need to harp on me, it was a joke me and hickman have a storied history with glocks. now if I can just get him go to the sig side my mission will be complete.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    no need to harp on me, it was a joke me and hickman have a storied history with glocks. now if I can just get him go to the sig side my mission will be complete.

hehe, yeah Tyler and I have had some fun over Glocks. I love Sigs too, just a bit out of my price range. If I'm gonna spend much on a handgun, it'll be a nice 1911.

Top Bottom