• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Took my XD9 out shooting today. Had one stovepipe jam on each of the first two mags. Thought I might just be limp wristing it or something. Then the problems started. Fail to fire, fail to eject, stovepipes, fail to extract, fail to load, everything. Increased in frequency from about every 3rd/4th round to every other, to every round. Fired about 100 rounds total then gave up. Had one instance where I had one in the tube, two in the chamber, and a fourth VERTICAL in the magazine. Never had any problems with the gun before today...

what on earth is going on?

edit: because I know someone will ask, ammo was remington UMC.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you've run those particular mags before without problem, they likely aren't the problem now. What kind of lube are you using?

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    sure hope so, was planning on getting rid of it for a glock here soon but im not going to dump it on someone in the classifieds if its running like this.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    any junk under the extractor maybe, maybe it went bad? or maybe that ammo was a bad batch, perhaps try a couple brands. try the same mag a few times to rule out if some work and some dont. Maybe try firing on a bench holding the gun against a sandbag to rule out limp wristing, have someone else try shooting it too to see if the problem persists. Perhaps a broken part somewhere is causing the problem?

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    RemOil w/teflon

I've never had much luck with RemOil w/teflon. Not griping, moaning, complaining or bad mouthing, just saying. It leaves a film {which I guess it's supposed to hence the teflon} that seems to gum up over time, especially when it's cold. Maybe I'm over lubricating or something, I dunno. It very well could be the way I use it to be honest, I dunno. I guess I'm just an old fashioned but it's hard to beat 3in1 or just plain old Hoppes after you use all the new fancy schmancy stuff to remove all the powder/plastics/copper etc.

Top Bottom