• Which one next...

• Total voters

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Quick poll.

I have a glock 27 that supplies my edc needs. I just cant decide between my next carry option.

I like the lcp .380acp for deep conceal, dislike caliber/accuracy (super CC pocket carry)

I like the xdm 3.8 45acp because its a compact, with the capacity option of a full size. Less accurate than full size. (oc/cc)

I like the xdm 4.5 45acp because its big, accurate, dislike permanent grip length...barrel length doesnt bother me (oc/dresser only)

I like the glock 21 45acp gen 4 because... its a glock, nuff said. Same dislikes as the xdm 4.5 (oc/dresser only)

*Please dont pick BRANDS, just which direction you would go if you were in my situation. Also, I have held and shot all of these, Im not asking which is best, just which one on my list to get next!*

Thanks for your help!!!!! :patriot:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I am not a fan of "sub compact" guns that much, so I not a fan of your EDC. But putting that aside, the 3.8 XDm in 45 is pretty comparable to the G27 so what is the point? You already have a compact that takes a longer mag and 40 is a potent caliber. So another compact with the longer mag option is sort of pointless since you have that already. If you want the smaller gun / bigger mag combo in .45, think about working a trade with your G27 for the baby XDm...it will be you new EDC, plus fine for OC and you will hopefully still have enough cash for a 'nother gun

Now the XDm 4.5 in 45 is quite nice. I like that one. For an OC/dresser gun, it would be a fine choice. And I do like the G21 too...soft shooter for a .45.

But I really think a pocket gun is a better choice for your next gun. For a pocket pistol, I do not like the .380. I have a CM9 and I think it deep carries just fine.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I have an XD 45ACP Compact that provides for my EDC Needs. It's just about Glock 19 size. But I also have available a G19, G21 or PT 1911 that I can carry, should i choose to do so.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can figure out what I want soon, I feel like my girlfriend in a shoe store LOL!

bab2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    SW Fort Wayne
    Do you want to move to smaller frame, regardless of caliber?

How do you carry? IWB, OWB, pocket, shoulder...

Are you planning to alternate carry with the G27?

Prefer single stack for conceal, or double stack for capacity?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I chose xdm 4.5 in 45 acp because I had one and it was awesome, currently thinking about one in my collection. I have a gen 3 G21 and it's a keeper, I will say that the XDM is slimmer than the G21, and a bit lighter. G21 holds a few more rounds though and they both shoot/handle awesome! XDM has a smaller frame size as well, along with a more 1911 ish grip angle. They're both great handguns! :twocents:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Do you want to move to smaller frame, regardless of caliber?

How do you carry? IWB, OWB, pocket, shoulder...

Are you planning to alternate carry with the G27?

Prefer single stack for conceal, or double stack for capacity?

See thats the thing. I am 5 foot 9, 135lbs. Skinny dude. My edc CC is the glock 27. I had a glock 19, and I could hide it, but not in the summer. I can hide my 27 fine.

The question is...

do i get a pocket gun for convenient, comfortable, deep CC? (the 27 is easy to hide, but its a glock, you know its there and there are some times a deep conceal would be nice)

Do i get the 3.8 for a small CCable .45, but with the option of easily making the capacity that of the 21? (I understand I can get a larger mag for my glock, but they just dont look right. plus I dont own a .45)

Do I get the 4.5 or glock 21 for full size 45

or other...

I carry IWB with either a fist holster or a crossbreed supertuck. OC holster is a blackhawk serpa.

double is good unless its a pocket gun.

bab2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    SW Fort Wayne
    Wait for Beretta to release the NANO in .40 and you have a ultra carry for IWB or pocket with proper trigger guard holster.

Even in 9mm, and 124gr defense ammo this will fit the bill.

A .45 in smaller frame may cause follow issues if required and I know range time would be painful as it is difficult to keep a good grip, if you are small framed as described, the 40 or 357 are options, and even move to a revolver is a solution.

A 45 in compact will do, but will print like your G19.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    XD 45 C. Obviously not a choice for pocket carry, but it's like getting 2 guns in one. You get a 10 rd and a 13 rd mag. the 10 rd is my EDC. Get a 45, because they don't make a 46! :):

scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    They also just released the 45acp in 3.8 Subcompact. I haven't seen one yet but it looks very interesting.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've never liked pocket pistols, u don't need the 3.8, I don't particularly like the XD or XDM anyway, and u didn't list the Glock 20 as an option so I chose Glock 21

Top Bottom