• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    ive been wanting to upgrade my 40 cal semi auto lately and surely had my heart set on a glock or XD . It just so happens that i was at my local store today looking at both when the XDm caught my eye, it was love at first sight. To make this story short ,the sales price was $669.99 way more than i wanted to spend BUT the friendly salesman informed me that this particular gun was going to be going on clearance within the next week or two and would be priced at $539.99. so i took the bait and put it on lay-away. Supposedly all i have to do when it goes on sale is go back in and they will adjust to the new Clearance price and i walk out with an XDm 40 for $539.99! I kind of feel like it is a bit of a leap of faith but i have read so many good things on here about Springfields that i can rest easy, thanks INGO members!:rockwoot:

Last edited:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Yep, that's a good price. The best I have seen recently is $549.99.

Unless he was trying to get you to put it on layaway knowing that the price is not coming down and he wanted to get your deposit.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I bought mine for $669 a year ago. $549 to $600 is pretty normal from what I've seen recently (stainless slides are higher). If you plan on carrying the XDm, here are some common holster options: DM Bullard Dual Carry, Crossbreed SuperTuck, CompTAC MTAC, Galco Summer Carry, Blackhawk SERPA (fits XD holster)

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Couldn't have been at don's....$899 for a regular xdm...$999 for bi-tone. $550 is a good price. so if you actually get it for $539 you did good.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Where were you at Dons Guns. I would never do business with a place that was selling something for that much over price than most places.
    Here is one at Buds. The price is delivered, so all you would have to pay for would be a transfer, which is probably still cheaper than tax.
    Springfield XDM9202HCSP 40SW Melonite for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $549.00

I did not get this gun at Dons, i have never personally done buisness with Dons guns, but there are sure alot of negative comments on this site about their ethics and prices. i picked this one up at MC Sports in bloomington

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    549 for a standard blue is a decent price I got my XDm @ the 1500 its a bitone and I paid 579. I love my xdm and im sure you will love yours too.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Sounds like a good price, and more especially if you prefer it. We should all ask ourselves the question:

How much is our life (lives of family also) worth?

Hint: Knuckle under and buy the best you can afford.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Where were you at Dons Guns. I would never do business with a place that was selling something for that much over price than most places.
    I've shopped at don's guns before. In fact my dad use to work with the guy or know him some how. It was nice of him to offer me 15%. Of course it was a 15% SURCHARGE. I asked if he could make it a discount and he said it was out of the question.

Like I said, ive shopped at dons but ive never bought :rolleyes:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've shopped at don's guns before. In fact my dad use to work with the guy or know him some how. It was nice of him to offer me 15%. Of course it was a 15% SURCHARGE. I asked if he could make it a discount and he said it was out of the question.

Like I said, ive shopped at dons but ive never bought :rolleyes:

LOL, dont know to many people that have. BTW uh.....nice.....avatar:dunno:

IUalum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NE Indiana
    21st Century in Bluffton has them for $549, I just got a XDm in 9mm from them for that price. You might want to call and see if they still have any in .40

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    yea, you got a good price, bought mine at Bradis on kentucky ave. in may for 540, with the entire kit, 2mags,and back straps, and they make in easy to size for you palm, mine has eats anything that I feed it, I allways love springfield 1911's, bought a xd40 when they first came out and have been carrying it since, long live springfield

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    XDm's are cool pieces. I've seen a few folks from here shoot them in USPSA and at Coaches place and they were flawless. I really wanted one awhile back, but couldn't adjust to the tall slide. But they are still badass.

Top Bottom