• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Finally ordered an XDM 5.25 - should be in later this week. Anyone have any experience with Springer Precision, or the competition trigger from the Springfield custom shop? Or any other suggestions? (I have an XDM 4.5 already, so I know what to expect from the standard trigger.)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a trigger job by Canyon Creek Customs from Illinois, and it's still the best Production trigger job I've felt:

XDm Model

I've tried a lot of the drop in Spinger trigger jobs, but didn't think they were as good as the Canyon Creek Trigger job. It's a little bit of an apples an oranges comparison, as the Canyon Creek Trigger job requires sending the gun in (or dropping it off) where the Springer drop in parts can be shipped right to your door.

sandman76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    the 5.25 has the same trigger as all xdm do. I like the powder river Ulimate kit. it is not a drop in kit but it does come out nice when its done.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Finally ordered an XDM 5.25 - should be in later this week. Anyone have any experience with Springer Precision, or the competition trigger from the Springfield custom shop? Or any other suggestions? (I have an XDM 4.5 already, so I know what to expect from the standard trigger.)

I installed a complete Springer kit in my XD tactical and highly recommend them over their competitors. I especially like the one piece replacement trigger bar.

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks a ton for the recommendations, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Yeah, my understanding is that frame down, there are no differences between the 5.25 and other XDMs. I'll be sure to report on the gun and any work I end up having done.

Top Bottom