• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I have put 15 rounds shy of a thousand rounds through my XDm 40. I had no major issues with this great firearm. My cousin who is a member of INGO was with me and he fired 500 of those rounds. Springfield makes a great firearm. I do not see what the fuss is with the XD line.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    The only problem with the XD line is .....

They don't make enough of them. I have both Springfields and Glocks. My favorite is whichever I happen to be holding at the time.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Hmmm.
    Many manufacturers suggest a break in period. And many gun owners report better performance after said break in period...

So, I don't follow you...

Yep, because they want to make sure you have a statistically valid sample before you complain and send your gun in for warranty work.

If your gun has a legitimate mechanical problem, firing it more before complaining about it is just a waste of ammo.

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    ok here we go with the glock vs XD i have shot a few glocks and theres not one great thing about a glock. its like a screw driver it just works.... nothing to write home to the folks about !!! i own a few xds and xdms and a HK usp .45 and i can tell you from my pov. the best shooting ive ever done is with my xd !!!!! i would take a glock if it was givin to me they make great paper weights or door stops

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Revolvers are better than any of the above mentioned guns.

Discuss. Semi-auto guys, you may use pictures instead of words. And quit drooling on yourselves :D

Now, I actually have a question related to the OP, and perhaps the actual point of this thread. You state that you've had no "major" problems. Have you had any minor ones, and if so what were they?

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    My break-in procedure for my XD's.

1. Load magazine
    2. Point down range
    3. Pull trigger till slide locks
    4. Repeat steps 1-4 until you run out of ammo

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I like my XDm, but I like shooting any kind of gun: Glocks, M&Ps, Taurus, Kahr or whatever. As long as it goes bang when I want it to I'm happy :D

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

Discuss. Semi-auto guys, you may use pictures instead of words. And quit drooling on yourselves :D

Now, I actually have a question related to the OP, and perhaps the actual point of this thread. You state that you've had no "major" problems. Have you had any minor ones, and if so what were they?

His cousin keeps locking the slide back with his thumb part way through a magazine. No problems other than that. :):

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

Just don't call us bottom-feeders.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have run well over a 1000 rounds(all handloads) thru my XD45 with zero malfunctions. The wife is not too far behind me with her XDm 40, not a single problem either(also handloaded ammo).

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Which manufacturer recommends a "Break-in"?

I would think the ammunition manufacturer would benefit more from a break-in than the gun manufacturer. I don't "break-in" my guns I just shoot them until I run out of ammo or stop smiling. I always run out of ammo first.:D:D:D

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I don't buy into the break in period either. But I can say, My trigger got a lot smoother/looser after about 500rds on my XDM. Still needed a trigger job thou.

Top Bottom