• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainless Slide and OD Green or Stainless Slide and Black?

• Total voters

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    OK...I am contemplating an XDM as my next handgun purchase. I've decided it WILL be .40 caliber and it WILL have a stainless slide. I am torn between the OD green and the black. I am oddly attracted to the OD green. I don't know why...can't put my finger on it but it just looks GOOD to me. So far no one I know will back me up...the Wife, the Daughter and the Brother from Another Mother friend all think I'm crazy and the black is better looking. My daughter even said people will laugh and say I have a toy gun from the Halo games! I told her people think Halo is cool...she said "Nerds think Halo is cool". :D:):

So what say you folks? Green or Black?

xdms.jpg

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Sorry I can't get past the stainless slide. Other than that, I'm for the black. I see an EDC as a tool and nothing more. to me it should be simple and plain. Nothing fancy. I don't want to worry if I get a scratch on it.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I have the black on black, If you buy local try River City Guns, That is where I bought mine and they had by far the best price in town. If I had to choose between those I would take the Black

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    If your objective is concealment in low light/night situations then green has been shown to actually have lower visibility than black. The presence of a stainless slide however sort of defeats that:dunno:. But I kind of like them both:)

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Stainless slide= pimpgun starter kit. can't quite commit to the full stainless with gold trigger, pearl grips, and gold accents. With complementary purple suede fedora with an ostrich feather in the hatband.

sorry. just what I see when I see stainless semiautos. I can't get past it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fwiw-- I like them both. I've got a black/black xdm 40. If it were me and had to pick between the 2 I'd pick the SS/black. But you should get the one you want or you won't be happy--at least that's my experience.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Stainless slide= pimpgun starter kit. can't quite commit to the full stainless with gold trigger, pearl grips, and gold accents. With complementary purple suede fedora with an ostrich feather in the hatband.

sorry. just what I see when I see stainless semiautos. I can't get past it.

I come from a wheel gunner background & ALL my guns are stainless. I've never cared much for blued guns. I hate cleaning them. They are harder to care for and they tend to rust easier. If YOU like blue guns that's great but I will never own one and my reasons have nothing to do with bling. Although I do think they look nice.

And yes I do realize that modern semi-autos have better finishes than standard bluing (like Glock's Tenifer finish). I still prefer stainless.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Go with the one YOU want.
    It's not like you like both the same way and need our help to decide bewteen the two.
    You said you like the OD better so go for it.Who cares what other people think if you are the one who will carry and use this gun.
    And about what your daughter said, that a green gun might look more like a toy, well if you ever to point the gun at someone's face to defend your life, I dont think that person will even notice the color of the gun.Trust me they will have other things in mind.
    So go with what YOU want.
    I usually like all black guns better but I would have no problem owning any of those two.They both look great.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    I have the black on black xdm 9mm. I wanted to get the black on OD because I thought it was "hawt". I couldn't find one at the time so I ended up with what I have. I don't know about the OD on stainless but if you like it then go for it. Better yet, go check one out in person if you haven't yet.

Top Bottom