• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    I recently purchased an XDM9, it was new from the LGS. I got to looking thru the papers and the gun and it is a 2009 model year. It came with two magazines and I purchased three thru Springfield's webstore. I loaded the new magazines to full capacity and I can not easily fully insert the mags. When I get the mags fully seated I am unable to depress the magazine release button. So I now have a magazine stuck in my new gun. I work the slide and take two rounds out and it operates correctly. I load my mags with 17rds instead of the full 19 and gun and mags mate perfectly. What could be causing a fully loaded mag to be hard to insert? Why can I not remove the fully loaded mag?

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    Xdm fully loaded mags

I have the XDM9 and XDM40. Mine are around the same timeframe as yours. Both have the same issue. I've grown accustomed to it, but it is a pain if you have to take the mag out. This is a very common problem for these particular weapons. I never had an issue discharging the weapon when it was like this.

The most common solution was to load a round or 2 less in the mags.

Hope this helps you out.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's been my understanding that with any firearm it is a good idea to load the magazine with one or two fewer than its full capacity to prevent any jams from occurring after the first shot. That's why troops typically only load 28 rds in their 30 round mags.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Once you load a round in the chamber, the mag release works fine. The ultra-high capacity leaves very little play in the magazine against the inner workings of the pistol. Working as intended, not really an issue except for removing a fully loaded magazine. Even if you feel the magazine release won't work, it will if pressed firmly, or if you push up on the bottom of the magazine.

Woodland001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have an XD service 9mm never had that problem, but you have the xdm so its a little different. I just bought myself 3 new mags and I actually had to twist them a little to get lined up to click it correctly and after I twisted them it was a lot easier to get them fully loaded as well.

Top Bottom