• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Put another 50 rounds (100 round total count now) in mine yesterday. My accuracy improved greatly. Wife got to shoot as well... She started off pulling down on the gun as she was pulling the trigger. Once I pointed that out, she corrected and did much better. Great little gun to shoot.

peal1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The XD line (XD/XDm/XDs) is a great choice for reliability, PD and range use. And another benefit are the many variations available for size/capacity that provide a consistent and familiar feel whether you want a larger home defense or smaller CC model.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I have a bit of an issue with the grip safety. I own a 5.25 xdm 9mm and a compact 45 xd. The 5.25 i use to shoot USPSA production and steel matches. I love both guns, they fit my hands well, are very accurate, reliable, and they look great. With that said, twice now I've had a FTF when shooting competition due to not getting a good enough grip on the gun and not having the grip safety all the way depressed. The problem was due to me drawing the gun a little too quickly and not focusing enough on grip.

I know that it is MY fault for having poor technique, but if this had been a personal defense situation things could have ended very badly. I believe competition shooting mimics a lot of what you may face in a PD situation- needing to draw quickly, under some pressure, adrenaline going, etc. So when it comes to PD I will not use either of my Springfields. I've always though the grip safety was unnecessary and without it, I would have been able to fire the weapon even if my grip were slightly off.

Just my .02.

thanks

Top Bottom