• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Just to follow up on my earlier posts and to be fair the the league, I've been watching whatever games I can each week. I'm glad to admit that the games have improved IMO. It seems like everyone from the players to the coaches and refs are becoming more comfortable with how the game is played. Still got a way to go but I think they really are trying to put out a quality product. So I guess I have moved from dismissal to somewhat hopeful.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just to follow up on my earlier posts and to be fair the the league, I've been watching whatever games I can each week. I'm glad to admit that the games have improved IMO. It seems like everyone from the players to the coaches and refs are becoming more comfortable with how the game is played. Still got a way to go but I think they really are trying to put out a quality product. So I guess I have moved from dismissal to somewhat hopeful.

Ya I’ve actually been enjoying the games i actually watch. If it were on during an nfl game I would definitely watch the nfl, because it’s what I’ve watched for 20 years. But with the xfl starting their season after the nfl season ends, I could see myself following the league with the same passion as I do the nfl eventually. I feel they’re playing with something to prove, like they’re trying to be recognized. I bet some even get pulled into the nfl eventually, which would be great for xfl ratings and respect. I’ll keep watching when I can.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I've been catching about a game and a half a week. I'm still somewhat annoyed by the live listen in the play calls and the announcing, but as for the product it is pretty fun. Defense isn't as good, which allows for more spectacular plays, but I would like to see that get some parity.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya I’ve actually been enjoying the games i actually watch. If it were on during an nfl game I would definitely watch the nfl, because it’s what I’ve watched for 20 years. But with the xfl starting their season after the nfl season ends, I could see myself following the league with the same passion as I do the nfl eventually. I feel they’re playing with something to prove, like they’re trying to be recognized. I bet some even get pulled into the nfl eventually, which would be great for xfl ratings and respect. I’ll keep watching when I can.

Negative Ghostrider. That would be a bad thing. Everyone knows that the XFL players only see the league as a stepping stone to the NFL. But you can trust the XFL isn’t going to be happy as the NFL starts poaching its best players. At some point, I’d expect the XFL, if it endures, to implement a policy to safeguard itself from the NFL.
    I personally think, or would hope, that the XFL is looking to be a developmental/minor league system for the NFL. If such was the case, then the player leaving problem would be solved. It would be a win-win for both leagues.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Negative Ghostrider. That would be a bad thing. Everyone knows that the XFL players only see the league as a stepping stone to the NFL. But you can trust the XFL isn’t going to be happy as the NFL starts poaching its best players. At some point, I’d expect the XFL, if it endures, to implement a policy to safeguard itself from the NFL.
    I personally think, or would hope, that the XFL is looking to be a developmental/minor league system for the NFL. If such was the case, then the player leaving problem would be solved. It would be a win-win for both leagues.

Ya the minor league is kinda the direction I figured they would go, I hope anyways. I just figured if players started getting pulled to the nfl it would give the league credibility and people would begin to watch “possible” future superstars play. Either way, I’m glad we have a league that fills the void during the off-season.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I've been catching about a game and a half a week. I'm still somewhat annoyed by the live listen in the play calls and the announcing, but as for the product it is pretty fun. Defense isn't as good, which allows for more spectacular plays, but I would like to see that get some parity.

Im curious how the live listen will have an effect long term on the league. You thought the patriots stealing signals were bad, now they can listen to the other teams play call.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Im curious how the live listen will have an effect long term on the league. You thought the patriots stealing signals were bad, now they can listen to the other teams play call.

Yeah. I mean, the plays aren't exactly secret. I mean everyone runs the same plays, just names them differently. I guess with the headset communication to the offensive players there is no need for signals from the sideline. Just really odd.

I also wonder if they will attract more college sophomores/juniors as they can get played to develop for a couple of years and get to play with former NFL players/practice squad players.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Not too bad so far. Gotta get use to the rules but hopefully it catches on compared to the wwf style xfl that was the past.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I haven't watched any games so far. Maybe I'll have to give it a look.
    It’s really not bad, football wise. I watched the first game expecting it to be a rival to the NFL. Don’t do that lol. They aren’t Tom Brady/Peyton Manning level players, but if you like football and have the time I’ve enjoyed the games I’ve seen so far. It’s worth giving a watch and seeing if you like it if you have nothing else to do.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah. I mean, the plays aren't exactly secret. I mean everyone runs the same plays, just names them differently. I guess with the headset communication to the offensive players there is no need for signals from the sideline. Just really odd.

I also wonder if they will attract more college sophomores/juniors as they can get played to develop for a couple of years and get to play with former NFL players/practice squad players.

Im betting a lot of college players that aren’t drafted to the NFL will end up in the XFL. Most college players don’t have a plan outside of sports, so the ability to get paid to continue playing will be too appealing to turn down, other than the smart ones that got a useful degree they can actually use after college.

Top Bottom