• ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Why would you want to? Imo.

Let me google that for you

After providing my unasked for and not wanted opinion on that subject, I would check the major retailers with a good return policy, since after you take them out shooting seriously you will want to send them back.

Ooops, there goes that opinion again :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I prefer them over standard sights. I have an extremely difficult time focusing properly on regular sights, but I can acquire and stay on target much more easily with Big Dots. Granted, they aren't precision sights, but I'm not shooting competitions with them, either.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have XS Big Dots on my main defense pistol and will be putting them on all my Glocks when I can put the coin aside for it. Faster on target for me.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Not going to get into a fight over it, its something you have to try out for yourself.

I have used them before, on guns from the shop.

Hokey, to the extreme if you ask me.

Their claim is they are fast on close targets for non-precise shots.. ok.. uh... I can make those shots with no sights on the gun at all...its the hard shots I need sights for.

You need sights for the "harder shots" not just the easy ones.

But dont listen to me, I am a nobody, I just googled and found a FAR more credible guy than me to listen to, who happens to agree with me.

pistol-training.com Blog Archive XS Sights: Just Say No

If they worked, believe me, I would buy them, but they dont.

<Edit: Someone will I am sure bring up a James Yeager video... well if you have ever spoken to James or taken a class at Tactical Response, ..... you would know how much faith to put into that guy.>

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    <Edit: Someone will I am sure bring up a James Yeager video... well if you have ever spoken to James or taken a class at Tactical Response, ..... you would know how much faith to put into that guy.>

I have taken a few of his classes and have the opposite opinion of him.

I have the sights on my AK, AR, and pistols. They work well for me.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

I have taken a few of his classes and have the opposite opinion of him.

I have the sights on my AK, AR, and pistols. They work well for me.

Sorry that came out wrong, I should have said "You would know how much faith to put into that guyS RECOMMENDATION OF XS SIGHTS".

He is... 100% dedicated and pretty much the lone proponent of them, and preaches it like gospel.

The VAST majority of trainers disagree with him, strongly.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    2ADMNLOVER, what type of gun do you need the sights for? I have a set for a GLOCK 19 that I might be getting rid of soon. Tried them and didn't really like them. They were on the gun for about six months. I would price them accordingly for you.

Top Bottom