• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Finally got the newest Chirp build to work on my HT. It's so much nicer than VIP!

Still no call. Hoping for tomorrow.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Are you checking on line also, or just waiting on the the mail?

Of course I've been checking online. Got my call yesterday, been chatting on the local waves. Set up echolink tonight but didn't hear anything back. Look forward to talking to you guys anytime. Just HT for now.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Finally picked out my truck radio. I ended up going with a Yaesu FT-8800R. I don't know quite what I'm going to do with all this radio but I am looking forward to having something beefier than my HT.

draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Got my HT today, still no callsign, hoping for that tomorrow.

Haven't heard any traffic here in lovely Iowa yet other than some CW on the local 440 repeater. I've got ~24 channels programmed so far and was scanning them for an hour or so.

The new Baofang UV-5R (new firmware) doesn't work with Chirp yet, or the software it came with. I got it to work with VIP, so I'm using that for now. I'll switch to Chirp when they come out with a new version. I spent ~2 hours trying to get the driver to cooperate with the cable. Got that squared away and neither the Baofang or Chirp software would work. Tried VIP and it worked, so I programmed the ~2 dozen local stations and finally I'm "on" the air...listening anyway.

What driver did you finially use? My uv-5r is build BBF293, can't get the software to connect via cable. I get 'Fail connect w/ transciever' message using correct com port.
    Thanks

Top Bottom