• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    https://www.yaktrax.com/

Based on this small amount of snow and ice and the number of injuries I saw from it I figured I needed to post this. Get some of these and toss 'em in your glovebox. Fantastic idea and could save you thousands in medical bills!
    yaktrax.jpg

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I work outside and wear the walk version. They work great, especially for heavy people like me. Just ne careful when walking on hard tile floors with them on. It's like skates!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I bought a pair late last season, but I left them out and the cat chewed them before I ever got to try them... I need to get another set.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I keep them in my car's "winter bag." I find the rubber breaks pretty easily around the edges if you have lugged boots, but they also make a heavier-duty version which does OK.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    After the ice storm 2 years ago and after falling and severely bruising my back and having had to call 911 to help because I could not get up off the ice I went out and bought some.

I don't go out without them on when it even looks icy now. The pain was a good lesson.

Funny but the ride to the hospital in an EMT vehicle was $1,500 and the ride back home in a cab was $7.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I bought some XTR's from the Bargain cave at cabelas. They made it about 2 hours of walking before I ended up having to duck tape it to my boot. But my left foot worked great. Looking to get a pair not from the Bargain cave again and using them. They were awesome. Work is supposed to order another style and brand for me, but isnt very fast on making that order so I may have some more soon.

Top Bottom