• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Went to the marina today to start getting the boats ready for winter and passed by a yard sale that looked interesting, so I turned around and found these to gems for sale. Gave $45.00 for the Firearms International wire frame .22 single shot varmint rifle,

and $180 for the 1935 Winchester Model 12 / 16 ga..

Life is good !

robh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Muncie
    That wire frame is sweet, would be interesting with a partial wood stock to fill in the void in the butt stock

sdragsdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    nice! i saw a 22 like that when i was a little kid but i hadnt cut enough lawns yet that summer to be able to afford it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Great Finds! I don't recall seeing a Mod12, 16Ga with a solid rib. My dad bought one new in 1940, that has been passed on to my son. It has the plain barrel.

I have a 20 gauge, nickel steel made in 1928 with the solid rib.....

Hey Millertyme, is your gps messed up? I ain't seen you in a spell....Love the guns but they are not really your "cup of cosmoline" so why don't you bring 'em to the shop to trade for something "smelly"?:):

I think they dropped the solid ribs mid 30's due to FDR being in power and milking the Depression for all it was worth....:D

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Hey Millertyme, is your gps messed up? I ain't seen you in a spell....Love the guns but they are not really your "cup of cosmoline" so why don't you bring 'em to the shop to trade for something "smelly"?:):

..:D

Funny you should say that Rick, just got a service call to you area tomorrow, I'll be stopping by to see if you have any fuggly old rusky rifles.......:laugh:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Nice finds. I would have been all over that shotgun. The old ones sometimes have better wood in the stock. I don't recall seeing any wire frame .22 but I would have bought it just for the novelty. Congrats.

Top Bottom