• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Regarding trigger pull: Dry firing the Taurus...pull is long but smooth, and something I can live with, I think.

Besides, if I'm using it for real (saving my arse), I'll be yankin' on that bad boy like the pull-rope on my Lawn-Boy, so I don't figure to be noticin' trigger action too much.

As long as the "pull rope" technique doesn't yank your shots off target, you likely "won't be noticin' trigger action too much". :D Just sayin'...... :patriot:

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    No matter how it turns out with the Taurus. Any day you can take your money in and buy the gun of your choice has to be a great day. :rockwoot:

JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    Not a tauras fan myself but have heard great things about this one.... Many friends of mine own this model and give it praises.

Jross1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    I'm looking for something similar to carry around. I look forward to reading your review and what you think about it.

jwardrip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Evansville
    That is some funny stuff!! But, your not alone in this catagory. I have several friends who are selling there Ruger 380LCP ang getting the Taurus. Im still up in the air yet.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Looks like it might warm up a little by Sunday. If I can pry the LCP from my wife I will bring it and we can compare them.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    call me Saturday, and we'll hatch a plan......

Sounds good even if we don't shoot we can have lunch or something. Gun Show in Muncie this weekend, I may check it out Saturday. I found a Colt 70 series gold cup for 899 here in Anderson. Not in my budget yet (maybe after I gets my tax check :D).

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I put 200 rounds through the Taurus TCP today..Winchester white box ball round stuff.

No failures to feed.
    No failures to extract.

Had probably two dozen failures-to-fire due to what looks like light primer strikes.

I also ran a dozen borrowed hand-loads with no problems. (Thanks, Jay)

The light primer strikes/misfires appeared to happen when I didn't allow the trigger to fully reset after firing a round. (Thanks, Jon)

When I was conscious of my trigger control and allowed it to reset fully, I had almost no problems.

Brass ejection often was straight up out of the gun, and many casings bounced off the top of my head.

I'm not quite ready yet to carry this piece on a daily basis. I think I need to try some different brands of ammo first.

The sights, which are small and sorta hard to see, and are molded into the slide, really kinda suck, and my crappy eyes lost sight picture a few times.

I'm thinking about dabbing some white paint on them to see if that helps.

But...then again, with a gun like this and the situations in which it might be used, who has time to aim?

That said...accuracy was OK...not jaw-dropping...but acceptable. Most of my aimed fire fell within the space the size of a human head...

I'm not totally disgusted with the TCP's performance yet, but I'm not jumping for joy either.

Ammo seems to be the biggest issue.

More testing to follow...

Last edited:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    How does it's trigger compare to a keltec 380?

Specifically, I'm wondering if it's a true double action trigger, or if it's a 'light' double action.

I think they call the keltec trigger a light double action, in that when the slide cycles, it puts the hammer in a half cock position, and the trigger pull cocks it the rest of the way and then releases it. If you fail to fully reset the trigger, then the hammer is released from it's half cock position resulting in a failure to fire from a light primer strike (or it could potentially fire).

A true double action trigger does not need the hammer cocked at all, the trigger pull fully cocks the hammer and then releases it.

So which way does this TCP function? I thought it was supposed to be true double action, but your light strike/half stroking trigger issue makes me think otherwise.

I suppose the TCP could work both way, in that uncocked you have a full double action pull, and in a half cock, you have a 'light' double action pull, with the full reset of the trigger still nessasary, and the light strikes still possible.

I'm very curious cause I'd like to trade my p3at for a TCP for this and other reasons (slide lock, looks nicer)

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    In other news...

The Taurus performed flawlessly today in drop-testing.

While exiting my vehicle, it slipped out of my coat pocket and hit my concrete driveway.

It had one in the throat, and was holstered in an Uncle Mikes nylon thingy.

The Taurus did not discharge, much to my delight, as my neighbors, formerly known as the Rottweiler Watchers, were outside doing yard work.

Oops. :eek:

Guess I'm not a real civilian operator after all...

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Lookie here, Miss Angel of Death...

I'm a poor workin' man.
    It's a cheap pocket pistol.
    I can't afford Gucci gear like some folks can.
    The Uncle Mikes serves its purpose when clipped to the belt, but it was stuffed in a coat pocket when it slipped out.

So there...

:p

You gonna give me a deal on sumthin' more better?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I ain't skeered of no girlie-girl with a 1911. Hell...she prolly can't even rack the slide on that cannon 'cuz she's delicate and sensitive like that, and she has you to hep her with the heavy work.

BTW...many thanks for an enjoyable outing. We must do it again sometime soon when the weather is warmer and you aren't shivering and whining.

:D

Top Bottom