• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeager TOTALLY misses the boat on this, and obviously hasn't read the US Constitution.

National reciprocity DOES NOT mean having to go to a federal carry permit.

And the most that could be repealed is any "full faith and credit" law concerning this.

Each state would STILL have it's state carry permit, just like each state has it's own driver's licenses.

It simply means using Article IV Section 1 " Full faith and credit..." clause to have state concealed carry licenses recognized in all states, JUST LIKE driver's licenses are.

US Constitution
    Article IV
    Section 1. Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You know I wash my feet in your kitchen sink!

I say good day, sir. Good day.

P1250351.jpg

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Interstate compact that's all that's need for nationwide reciprocity. Just like how a DL works. Problem solved.
    How about the 2A and 14A, after all, this should be an issue of individual rights, not state authority? Once we get the feds to say states have to recognize licenses from other states, we'll only have to get the feds to recognize carry licenses!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    How about the 2A and 14A, after all, this should be an issue of individual rights, not state authority? Once we get the feds to say states have to recognize licenses from other states, we'll only have to get the feds to recognize carry licenses!

Or you know....we do what the Constitution says and don't have permits in the first place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Can anyone show me any other Amendment of the Constitution of the United Stated of America. That a local governing body proclaims that they will not abide by and the courts say OK throw than law out the window for just YOU.

For over four years we fought the Civil war because some states wanted Slavery.
    So what you are saying, they had a right to choose?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can anyone show me any other Amendment of the Constitution of the United Stated of America. That a local governing body proclaims that they will not abide by and the courts say OK throw than law out the window for just YOU.

The first gets trod upon at times too. Ever heard of a free speech zone? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_speech_zone

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

There was some talk of proposing a constitutional amendment prohibiting slavery prior to the civil war, but other justifications were deemed suitable for imposing war upon the confederacy and subjugating those states that had attempted to dissolve their bonds with the U.S.

We have the right to choose what the U.S. allows us to choose.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Henry Ford, circa 1909.

"A customer can choose any color he wants, as long as its black."

I'm not sure if that's more offensive or funnier in this context, particularly given Ford's political proclivities.

Top Bottom