• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Woot woot!!!:banana::banana::banana:

had a second interview today!, the owner stepped out and had me talk to the office manager, when he walked back in he offered me the job! I’m taking a pay cut, but he’s going to review my progress in 6 months and give me a raise (hopefully) he asked me when I could start, I’m taking 2 and a half weeks off I’ll start on 7-13 (two days after my birthday!)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Woot woot!!!:banana::banana::banana:

had a second interview today!, the owner stepped out and had me talk to the office manager, when he walked back in he offered me the job! I’m taking a pay cut, but he’s going to review my progress in 6 months and give me a raise (hopefully) he asked me when I could start, I’m taking 2 and a half weeks off I’ll start on 7-13 (two days after my birthday!)

Sweet!

One of my favorite YouTubers (Essential Craftsman, if you're curious) said something recently that struck home:

The future is almost never as bad as you think it will be and often times it's a lot better.

Just about every time fate has forced my hand into something new, that adage has been accurate. Hopefully in 6 months you'll be on top of the world over there!

Good luck!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is great to hear! Maybe less pay, but gainfully employed is always better than unemployed, care act be damned.

Working is better for the psyche too!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Dang I missed job hunting season. Forgot it only lasted 4 weeks in Indiana. Had a brand new rifle sighted in and everything. Well better hit the classys and sell it for what I paid for it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Congrats on the successful job hunt! That being said...at 33+ years at one place isn't it time to think about retirement? I have heard it is not overrated.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Congrats on the successful job hunt! That being said...at 33+ years at one place isn't it time to think about retirement? I have heard it is not overrated.

I wish I could retire...but im a little ways away...i'll be 52 in july! (I graduated in june 1986 and hired here in November 86)

thanks everybody for the well wishes and congtrats

I have found an upside...working in a printshop that's going out of business, we have a LOT of paper that's going to waste...so yesterday we printed a few targets...2 and a 1/2 rolls of 9pt reply card (about 10 thousand total) 17x22 with a bullseye on one side, and the other is a idpa silhouette (ended up being about 12 boxes, and the other employees have already taken 1/2 of them!)

and today, were printing about 40 thousand 8.5x11 with one side being 1 inch squares with a 1 inch red dot circle in the middle, and the other side has a black circle, with 1 inch squares...I now have enough targets for a lifetime!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I wish I could retire...but im a little ways away...i'll be 52 in july! (I graduated in june 1986 and hired here in November 86)

thanks everybody for the well wishes and congtrats

I have found an upside...working in a printshop that's going out of business, we have a LOT of paper that's going to waste...so yesterday we printed a few targets...2 and a 1/2 rolls of 9pt reply card (about 10 thousand total) 17x22 with a bullseye on one side, and the other is a idpa silhouette (ended up being about 12 boxes, and the other employees have already taken 1/2 of them!)

and today, were printing about 40 thousand 8.5x11 with one side being 1 inch squares with a 1 inch red dot circle in the middle, and the other side has a black circle, with 1 inch squares...I now have enough targets for a lifetime!

And you didnt think of INGO

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    An update! At my new job we have a meeting every Monday morning, the owner asked my how I liked it, I told him I was happy with the job, but not with my performance, that I thought I should be doing better, he said that he’d been hearing good things about me, and that I was doing a great job!

the office manager told us (myself and the other employee, there’s only 4 including the owner) that the owner said she should take a vacation, and that he thinks that we could run the shop without her, she said that’s the first time he’s ever said that!

im not on here as much, and I realized it’s because I’m not at work doing nothing, it’s because I’m busy! So ingo if I’m not posting as much it’s not because I’m ignoring the site, it’s because I’m actually at work working!

Ps I just put vinyl stickers on a church van! If you’d asked me a year ago if I’d have thought I’d ever be doing that, I’d have laughed!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    An update! At my new job we have a meeting every Monday morning, the owner asked my how I liked it, I told him I was happy with the job, but not with my performance, that I thought I should be doing better, he said that he’d been hearing good things about me, and that I was doing a great job!

the office manager told us (myself and the other employee, there’s only 4 including the owner) that the owner said she should take a vacation, and that he thinks that we could run the shop without her, she said that’s the first time he’s ever said that!

im not on here as much, and I realized it’s because I’m not at work doing nothing, it’s because I’m busy! So ingo if I’m not posting as much it’s not because I’m ignoring the site, it’s because I’m actually at work working!

Ps I just put vinyl stickers on a church van! If you’d asked me a year ago if I’d have thought I’d ever be doing that, I’d have laughed!

:thumbsup:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Congrats

Top Bottom