• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I will have to call you out on this one. Regardless I would never ever sell/trade/pass along a firearm with an issue. "EVER".
    Sometimes we just have to eat one. I have on more than one occasion. There have been a few turds come through my life and a couple were guns. I will not get into the "X"s in this thread...:):

In the mid 80's I bought a Thompson Auto Ordinance 1911 because it was cheap and i did not know any better. It was a dangerous pistol. Hammer follow and jam-O-matic regardless of the mags used or ammo fired. Sent it back 2 times. Same :poop: each time.

Decided to have a look myself. (this was the start of me working on my own guns) and ended up with a hole in the work bench when the hammer followed the slide. My spouse had just walked up behind me and 2 friends were working on their bikes in my shop. That no one was wounded/killed is only that I was taught well and the gun was pointed in a safe (not for the bench) direction. Scared the living crap out of all of us.

Once I got me ears to stop ringing I unloaded that POS and clamped it up in the band saw. One of my buddy's said man just sell it. I have never thought the same of him since that statement. I cut the gun in 3 pieces and sent it to the trash.

That is not the only one I have scrapped. The TRP I posted about is just the one that really broke my heart.

Words of Wisdom. Maybe the seller discloses yeah it does this that or the other thing. Buyer backyard gunsmith figures he can fix it.. Next thing you know being sold again who may or may not disclose. Although financially painful to scrap it, doing the right thing more than makes up for it.
    Don't know you or your story but just think what different path might have been for you if you hadn't bought that cheap gun? I think it's interesting how things "just work out". {*praying hands emoji here*}

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Mine would be, very surprising to me, a Kimber Micro 9. Bought it on a spur of the moment to replace the Sig P238 my son had confiscated. Of course it operated fine but I could not hit anything with it and it wasn't comfortable to carry, which I found weird. I traded it back in on a FN FNX 45TAC, some people say I go from one extreme to the other I don't know why.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know you or your story but just think what different path might have been for you if you hadn't bought that cheap gun? I think it's interesting how things "just work out". {*praying hands emoji here*}

Learning curves. We all have them. I wanted a 1911 and the budget set my limits as did my patience. Lessons learned and absolutely, things take the path intended. Since that incident things have taken a very different path.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Learning curves. We all have them. I wanted a 1911 and the budget set my limits as did my patience. Lessons learned and absolutely, things take the path intended. Since that incident things have taken a very different path.

Funny thing is I had a similar situation in like 1991 or so with a 1911 (though mine was a build from a supposed gunsmith), and it pushed me over to the polymer, striker fired gun path and been there ever since. Yin and Yang I guess.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Anything from Sig with their DA/SA. I’ve had a P220 & a P228 & absolutely hated the trigger on both. I just couldn’t get used to the long trigger reset & take-up (or at least that’s how the triggers felt for me).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nope but I do now. Never heard of a baby rock

Yup. Same here. I didn't know.

The worst gun I had was a CZC Custom Shadow Target from CZ's custom shop. Every time I got it out, all these fanboys showed up and started new threads!:):

I can't really think of anything. I have always believed in spending a little more up front for a better experience. I tend to stick with known brand names that have been around for awhile. They seem to serve me well.

I have never sold a firearm with issues.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Micro9: I can certainly understand not liking it. tiny, short but heavy trigger. As for carry comfort, that's a holster issue. I can forget I even have mine but it's hard to draw because there's so little to grab.

Walther CCP: comfortable to hold, shoot, and carry but awful, gritty, looooong trigger that's all-but impossible to fix due to the inherent design. Designed by the intern team to do something "different". If I could redesign the striker and FCG, it'd be an awesome little gun.

There are a lot of guns that I like except that my thumb webbing oozes up over the sad excuse for a beavertail and the slide and/or hammer bites. My hands are just too big.

Anything from Sig with their DA/SA. I’ve had a P220 & a P228 & absolutely hated the trigger on both. I just couldn’t get used to the long trigger reset & take-up (or at least that’s how the triggers felt for me).

Sure they didn't have the DAK trigger? I can understand hating those.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Always thought it would be cool to have a Baby Rock. Then after shooting it i realized yeah not so much. Recoil is very sharp. The beaver tail allows for hammer bite. One would think given its weight it would be pleasant to shoot, not!

I would rather shoot a 45 acp, pleasant to shoot and really ammo is less. Wishing i never gave into the whim.

So mine is the Baby Rock, which Handgun do you regret the most?

A baby rock, with a beaver tail, that bites.
    I want one. :woot:

Top Bottom