• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    When I was growing up you went trick on treating on Halloween...not for the whole damn week preceding it. You hit the houses in your neighborhood ...maybe a 4-6 square block area and you went home and scoped out your goodies. Now they have trick or treating (t or t) for 4 days. And people figure hitting the "good" part of town will get them better treats. My Dad lives on the "Boulevard" here in Logansport. It is a nice neighborhood with a wide grass median separating east and west bound traffic. This is planted with grass and nice trees...and yes, what is paid in property taxes (highest in the city) does pay for it. It is posted no parking on grass every 100 feet or so. Tonight you can't see the grass for all the cars parked on it, literally hundreds of parents trucking in their kids to the nice part of town rather than t or ting in their own neighborhoods. I use to pass out full sized candy bars years ago...I couldn't afford fun size today...not with close to 1000 t or ter's out knocking on doors in this neighborhood. My Dad's neighbors tried passing out candy last year, he said they went through $125.00 worth of candy bars in the first 15 minutes and were cussed at by both kids and parents when they ran out...this year I noticed their porch light is out.

Illegal parking (and of course the laziest PD in Indiana is doing nothing about it), cussing kids and parents, damage to the neighborhood, and more...I use to love this holiday more than Christmas...would deck out my hearse for it, decorate the yard, and pass out candy. Not anymore...

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Borrow someones rottweiler for the day.........

Try tricking my place and I will call the cops, they tend to show up faster when you say get here in 5 or I let my dog loose.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When I was growing up you went trick on treating on Halloween...not for the whole damn week preceding it. You hit the houses in your neighborhood ...maybe a 4-6 square block area and you went home and scoped out your goodies. Now they have trick or treating (t or t) for 4 days. And people figure hitting the "good" part of town will get them better treats. My Dad lives on the "Boulevard" here in Logansport. It is a nice neighborhood with a wide grass median separating east and west bound traffic. This is planted with grass and nice trees...and yes, what is paid in property taxes (highest in the city) does pay for it. It is posted no parking on grass every 100 feet or so. Tonight you can't see the grass for all the cars parked on it, literally hundreds of parents trucking in their kids to the nice part of town rather than t or ting in their own neighborhoods. I use to pass out full sized candy bars years ago...I couldn't afford fun size today...not with close to 1000 t or ter's out knocking on doors in this neighborhood. My Dad's neighbors tried passing out candy last year, he said they went through $125.00 worth of candy bars in the first 15 minutes and were cussed at by both kids and parents when they ran out...this year I noticed their porch light is out.

Illegal parking (and of course the laziest PD in Indiana is doing nothing about it), cussing kids and parents, damage to the neighborhood, and more...I use to love this holiday more than Christmas...would deck out my hearse for it, decorate the yard, and pass out candy. Not anymore...

It's the same out here. It's just crazy.

However, I do miss being able to Trick those that weren't handing out candy. In my old home town we use to soap and TP people's houses. Usually the people we just didn't like, but sometimes those who tried to hand out apples or what not instead of candy. :): Can't do that these days. People will shoot you or call teh po-po and you actually go to JAIL for it! :n00b:

In my day, if you got caught, you cleaned it up how the homeowner wanted it. Maybe even a little extra. If you didn't get caught, too bad for the homeowner. It's just soap and toilet paper. It's not like it's hurting anything. We never got destructive. The worst we ever did was saran wrap an entire house, but that was the worst of it. People need to pick the panties out of their butt crack.

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    Yes, here in Avon the local town gubment decided to change trick or treat to Sat the 30th. We were swamped by kids from out of the area. Candy ran out by 8pm. we shut off all the lights and they still keep coming....Tried to work in my garage after 9pm and still coming, even one group came into the garage while I have a engine up on a hoist and a says "we want treats". I replied "come back on Halloween" Unbelievable!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I black out my house for halloween. Always have. If friends or family of mine let me know they are bringing their kids over, they are more than welcome and the kids will get treats.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    As a kid, my parents would drive my brothers and I to town, we lived in the middle of nowhere. We'd visit my 2 grandma's in town, and then go to the other houses in town. We'd try to really stick to the people we knew though.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I had kids come to my door last year. No porch light on.
    The got cussed when I told them no candy.
    I hang a no candy sign on my door.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would have beat the crap outta you. Toilet paper and soap is still destruction to one's property.

It's the same out here. It's just crazy.

However, I do miss being able to Trick those that weren't handing out candy. In my old home town we use to soap and TP people's houses. Usually the people we just didn't like, but sometimes those who tried to hand out apples or what not instead of candy. :): Can't do that these days. People will shoot you or call teh po-po and you actually go to JAIL for it! :n00b:

In my day, if you got caught, you cleaned it up how the homeowner wanted it. Maybe even a little extra. If you didn't get caught, too bad for the homeowner. It's just soap and toilet paper. It's not like it's hurting anything. We never got destructive. The worst we ever did was saran wrap an entire house, but that was the worst of it. People need to pick the panties out of their butt crack.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seriously. Toilet paper is bio-degradable. What you can't tear out of the tree will come out the second or third good rain. It doesn't kill the tree. Soap comes off with water. We never did screens or paint or siding or anything. We wouldn't do anything we would refuse to clean should we get caught.

The only thing it destroyed was the happy go lucky attitude of the poor bastard that got hit.

Besides, if you got hit, you probably deserved it. ;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I haven't given out candy in over 30 years. Never thought of it as much of a holiday as a scam fest.

Top Bottom