• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    So I recently took my wife to shoot handguns for the first time. She's never really liked firearms but over the last couple of years she's gotten used to them and now has her LTCH.
    She had purchased a deal thingy from Livingsocial to go to Popguns that gave her 1hr of range time, 50 rounds of 9mm and her choice of rental.
    Anyway she picks the G26 as we both thought it would be a good size for her to shoot.
    Long story short, she preferred my Sig 229 in 40SW over the Glock, but when I shot it I found that I kinda liked it. It was accurate and had virtually no muzzle flip.
    I shoot primarily 40SW so shooting 9mm was very relaxing in comparison, so much so that even off hand shooting yielded good results with this baby Glock.

Now is it the fact that it's a Glock or that it's 9mm that made it so enjoyable? Yes I know that's a "loaded" question... ;)
    Thing is it shot just as well if not better than my M&P40, so I'm now debating if I should reevaluate my choice of carry pistol.

Any advice is welcome.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm sure you would have the same results if you were to shot the M&P9 compact. Shooting a lighter caliber than you are used to can be fun.

Oh, and your wife has good taste, Uhh......in pistols.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I definitely think that it was the switch from 40 SW to 9mm that aided in accuracy. The 40 is pretty snappy (but of course you know that already) and in comparison the 9mm is really light so that would aid in follow through which will increase your accuracy.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I think its the glock. It was a rental gun and it was still a good shooter! Plus as a carry gun, it will hold more rds. than a .40 and its a glock, whats not to love.:rockwoot:

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Well I think the fever hit hard and quick because I just bought my first Glock from a friend of mine. :) It's G23 so I'm still shooting 40SW but if I can recall I shot one fairly well. If it doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzies as with the G26, maybe i'll put it up for trade.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Now is it the fact that it's a Glock or that it's 9mm that made it so enjoyable?

As others have posted, likely the difference you noticed is in the caliber. While you may have noticed the difference with any 9mm pistiol, much to the chagrin of others, Glock is a favorite of quite a number of people for a variety of reasons. It may be that you have found that to be true for yourself as well.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well I think the fever hit hard and quick because I just bought my first Glock from a friend of mine. :) It's G23 so I'm still shooting 40SW but if I can recall I shot one fairly well. If it doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzies as with the G26, maybe i'll put it up for trade.
    I carry the 27 most of the time but have also belt-carried the 23. The 23 is one bad little piece. It is highly accurate and with a 4" bbl plenty of gun. I've had a little trouble hitting with the 27 unless I bench rest. (I just recently bought the full sized 22 and now can use the 22 mags in it, the 23 and the 27. So if I'm belt carrying the 22 and concealing the 27 for BUG I can just carry one spare 22 mag for both guns. Love it. I'm so smart it almost hurts sometimes:D

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Alot of Accsidents where Report in 2010 for Police Officers,it has the worst record of any carry weapon,that is why most have changed to the HK 45 cal or SS 45

Top Bottom