• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 17 a few weeks ago to qualify it as my duty gun. I have always been and M&P man, but I needed 3 mags and M&P's only come with two. Since you can't buy an extra M&P mag anywhere I went with the Glock 17, as they come with three. The first day I shot it, I was ready to take it back. I hated it with every part of me. I kept shooting it, and I have to say now I love it. So much so that I was able to qualify with it, and very well I might add. Now carry it proudly as my duty gun. I am so much on the Glock bandwagon. Never thought I would say it, I'm sold.

Drinking the koolaid.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It happens to the best of us all. I had always respected them but swore I'd never own one. Now years later I tend to think of what my next Glock will be more than what will my next gun be. Congrats and keep on shooting!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Nice to hear. Usually it's people moving from Glock the Smith M & P. I've stop the Smith before but much prefer my G19.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    FTFY.

Why though? is .004 really worth the decreased round count? Little bit heavier, not much wider, and less rounds. Plus it costs more to practice with.

I'll stick with 9 tyvm.

i have a 23 and a 27...

I do wish I had a 9 for those fun days at the range….

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 17 a few weeks ago to qualify it as my duty gun. I have always been and M&P man, but I needed 3 mags and M&P's only come with two. Since you can't buy an extra M&P mag anywhere I went with the Glock 17, as they come with three. The first day I shot it, I was ready to take it back. I hated it with every part of me. I kept shooting it, and I have to say now I love it. So much so that I was able to qualify with it, and very well I might add. Now carry it proudly as my duty gun. I am so much on the Glock bandwagon. Never thought I would say it, I'm sold.

Drinking the koolaid.

I'm all about the Glock, but FYI, M&P mags are starting to become available: Smith & Wesson Mag S&W M&P 9mm Luger 17-Round Steel Blue

i have a 23 and a 27...

I do wish I had a 9 for those fun days at the range….

I've got a couple of Advantage Arms conversion kits to run 22 LR when I really want to put some rounds through the Glocks and focus on trigger, etc.

You could pick up a lone wolf or other conversion barrel for your 23 and shoot 9 at the range without having to pick up a complete gun.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I picked up my first yesterday. G19. Been doing a lot of coon fingering and snap cap work until I can get to the range.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Same thing happened to me. I hated Glocks at one time. Finally a buddy convinced me to temporary trade my FNP45 for his G17. I shot about 200 rounds through it in one day. Called him up that night and told him the trade was permanent now. Since then I have been a Glock guy thru and thru.

However, i do not like the sub-compact Glocks. The 19 is the smallest I go. My Glocks are in 9 and 45 only. Don't do the 40

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You shoulda got the .40 - the 9mm is junk.

Care to elaborate?

I will never buy another .40, and I wouldn't say the 9mm is junk.

I wouldn't say that either and I own both. Not sure why anyone would say the 9mm is junk. :dunno: Obviously you want a high performing bullet in either, but they are both quite efffective rounds.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I can relate there, grew up shooting a glock 19 and absolutely hated it but last year got a 17 and put about 600 rounds through it over a month and I must say practice makes perfect because I shoot a glock better than any other of my guns.

Top Bottom