YHM Turbo T3, Turbo K-RB, or OCL Polonium K..help me choose.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am going to be purchasing my first 5.56 suppressor very soon, and i have it narrowed down to a few options. I know it may be a stretch, but does anyone have both a YHM Turbo T3 or Turbo K-RB, and an OCL Polonium K? This will be going on an 11.3 inch AR pistol, so i was leaning towards one of the k cans to keep the length as short as possible, but i know the T3 isn't much longer. I am interested in opinions on any of these individually as well, and even the T2 or Turbo K. Thanks!

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I can find the T3 locally, or order the Turbo K-RB, but the Polonium K can only be backordered at the moment. I guess it comes down to if the Polonium K is worth the extra wait time.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I can find the T3 locally, or order the Turbo K-RB, but the Polonium K can only be backordered at the moment. I guess it comes down to if the Polonium K is worth the extra wait time.
    I've shot all of them except the k-rb. They're all really close, I don't know which matters most to you backpressure, sound, or flash?

Backpressure wise the k-rb is probably least (though I haven't shot it) T3 and polonium k are close but the T3 has less, and the T2 definitely has the most.

Sound wise I couldn't tell a difference between the T2, T3, and polonium k as the shooter.

Flash wise there probably tied as well. I've only shot the T2 at night on a 13.7 and saw no flash. There are a couple videos of the polonium k and T3 at night, and both had practically no flash. The Tk-rb probably has the most (again I've never shot it just using logic).

So I guess if you want the least amount of backpressure (out of these options) and your ok with it probably being a touch louder go with the Tk-rb. If your ok with more backpressure go T3 or Polonium k.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've shot them all and the Polonium is the better of the three. Otter Creek makes some amazing stuff for sure. YHM is good, but there's nothing special about them. The OCL stuff is much better, and since they're all about the same price, I'd take the Polonium.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've shot all of them except the k-rb. They're all really close, I don't know which matters most to you backpressure, sound, or flash?

Backpressure wise the k-rb is probably least (though I haven't shot it) T3 and polonium k are close but the T3 has less, and the T2 definitely has the most.

Sound wise I couldn't tell a difference between the T2, T3, and polonium k as the shooter.

Flash wise there probably tied as well. I've only shot the T2 at night on a 13.7 and saw no flash. There are a couple videos of the polonium k and T3 at night, and both had practically no flash. The Tk-rb probably has the most (again I've never shot it just using logic).

So I guess if you want the least amount of backpressure (out of these options) and your ok with it probably being a touch louder go with the Tk-rb. If your ok with more backpressure go T3 or Polonium k.
    Thanks for that comparison. I would say that i would give a slight edge to wanting the best sound, but also keeping the gun as short as possible. It is looking like the Polonium K will best achieve this, but i know the T3 isn't much longer overall. Thanks again for the comparison, it is really helpful.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've shot them all and the Polonium is the better of the three. Otter Creek makes some amazing stuff for sure. YHM is good, but there's nothing special about them. The OCL stuff is much better, and since they're all about the same price, I'd take the Polonium.
    Thank you. It is looking more and more likely that the Polonium is the way i will go. The only thing at this point that i have to fight, is my impatience..lol, with the availability of the T3 and the faster approvals recently.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The wait begins! I ended up going a completely different direction, and picked up an Aero Precision Lahar-30. After reading and watching some reviews, and reading what Pew Science had to say, i thought it would be a great first can, super excited!

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    For future reference if you get a dedicated 556 can - the polonium is fantastic. I'd doubt you'll notice the 1" difference physically, but for noise/flash you probably will.

I'd buy a second full size polonium in a heartbeat for an extra can.

If you want another 30 cal can that works AMAZINGLY on 556 and 308 check out the Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S.

I have 2 of those now and am going to buy the S2. On my 13.9-14.5 ARs I don't really even need ears with the Anthem. It's the best money I've ever spent on anything AR related. I think @Aszerigan is going to have some of the S2's whenever they're back in stock, too.

Some of the testing that Riley @ LPM did was dumping 300 win mag through I believe a 12" barrel in ~15 shot bursts he said just to see if there would be any erosion and the cans still looked brand new. They're pretty tough for not being inconel.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I am going to be purchasing my first 5.56 suppressor very soon, and i have it narrowed down to a few options. I know it may be a stretch, but does anyone have both a YHM Turbo T3 or Turbo K-RB, and an OCL Polonium K? This will be going on an 11.3 inch AR pistol, so i was leaning towards one of the k cans to keep the length as short as possible, but i know the T3 isn't much longer. I am interested in opinions on any of these individually as well, and even the T2 or Turbo K. Thanks!
    I have the YHM Resonator R2. Do yourself a favor and look into the huxwrx Ventum line. They are $820 and hub compatible. Once you start running mags through your AR pistol and suck in all that gas, you will be like me and just get a flow through can. My 2 cents

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I took it to the range for the first time, and after changing to an h2 buffer, it functions perfectly. I ran a couple mags through it back to back, with the second of them being a pretty rapid rate of fire. All things considered, the gas was pretty minimal, so i am very happy with it.

Top Bottom