Yoda Tells Me I Need New Parts from CF Gunworks? Anyone Else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And so it sits on the shelf, never to see the range again . . . maybe technology will bring it back to life some day.

31081619_10216206814988689_1716107754243883008_o.jpg

That is just sad man. Sad.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah.

Kirk - would an INGO subsidy help? I'd probably put in some coin for whatever needs to happen. I'm a sucker for heirlooms.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    ~ Great-grandma's HE .22 ~
    . . . but at this stage of technology, fixing it would purchase a new M17 and a bunch of ammo.

So? Really?

Please forgive me if I appear to be out of line. I may be.

I don't know you and I will probably never meet you [unless you hunt me down, a possibility that must be admitted] but I don't understand your logic here. And, respectully, I think that you are making a mistake. You talk about it's importance as a 4th generation family heirloom; and again about how hard it would be for you [emotionally] to sell it. But then you turn around and say it's not worth the price of a Moldel 17 and some ammo to have it working.

Which is going to give you more pleasure, another 'modern' gun or putting a cylinder full of .22's through Great Grandma's pistol? And if you do keep it and "put it in a shadow box" what then? Will your kids, or their kids ever have access to someone with the skills it needs to be made whole?

Would you like the first handgun your grandchildren ever shoot be the one your Great Grandmother used to keep the foxes out of the hen house?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So? Really?

Please forgive me if I appear to be out of line. I may be.

I don't know you and I will probably never meet you [unless you hunt me down, a possibility that must be admitted] but I don't understand your logic here. And, respectully, I think that you are making a mistake. You talk about it's importance as a 4th generation family heirloom; and again about how hard it would be for you [emotionally] to sell it. But then you turn around and say it's not worth the price of a Moldel 17 and some ammo to have it working.

Which is going to give you more pleasure, another 'modern' gun or putting a cylinder full of .22's through Great Grandma's pistol? And if you do keep it and "put it in a shadow box" what then? Will your kids, or their kids ever have access to someone with the skills it needs to be made whole?

Would you like the first handgun your grandchildren ever shoot be the one your Great Grandmother used to keep the foxes out of the hen house?

Blue, I talk out loud a lot. Reciting options does not mean I am doing anything with the revolver. Go back and read the post with a wistfulness in your head.

I wish the weapon was up and functional, but it is not. Guns break, a lot. Sometimes it is best to replace them, sometimes not. Everyone must make his own examination and decide themselves.

Right now it is in Scott County in the capable hands of INGOer BossHoss to take a gander at. Maybe he can do something with it, maybe not.

I have one or two other .22 pistols that the kids can shoot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom