• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    John Quincy Adams quotes (American 6th US President (1825-29), eldest son of John Adams, 2nd US president. 1767-1848)

I donated $10 to gary Johnson today. Even though I can't vote i'll help any way I can. GARY JOHNSON 2012!

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    John Quincy Adams quotes (American 6th US President (1825-29), eldest son of John Adams, 2nd US president. 1767-1848)

I donated $10 to gary Johnson today. Even though I can't vote i'll help any way I can. GARY JOHNSON 2012!

Right on! Just remember, if everyone had the courage to vote like we do, America wouldn't be in this mess! :patriot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    gary johnson is a good choice. but i dont really think enough people know about the guy for him to have a real chance. its too bad i think he has a lot of good ideas

If people are interested, there is plenty of information out there about the man. Most people really don't care though. If they can pull a lever or push a button and get it over with, they can get back to American Idol (or one of those other "Your Parents Really Should Have Told You You're Not Talented" shows).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    gary johnson is a good choice. but i dont really think enough people know about the guy for him to have a real chance. its too bad i think he has a lot of good ideas

Yeah I try to follow the presidential campaign but I never heard of him. :n00b:
    If you listen to the media it's either Obama or Romney.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good for the OP.
    I have a hard time understanding why anyone would vote for anyone associated with our two major parties. It seems like they've taken it all and have no intention of serving the people they're elected to serve.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Voting third party at this stage of the game is like throwing your vote away...I know not a nice thing to say....But numbers wise it is...Johnson needs to start planning now for 2016...setting up people in every state to organize and fund raise for him...It take 1000's of people and 1000,s of hours and millions of dollars...when you divide the state up and have a person organizing for each county and that person divides the county up and has an organizer for each town ...it can be done, a lot of walking going door to door first.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Voting third party at this stage of the game is like throwing your vote away...I know not a nice thing to say....But numbers wise it is...Johnson needs to start planning now for 2016...setting up people in every state to organize and fund raise for him...It take 1000's of people and 1000,s of hours and millions of dollars...when you divide the state up and have a person organizing for each county and that person divides the county up and has an organizer for each town ...it can be done, a lot of walking going door to door first.

For every person that can be convinced that a third party candidate is the way to go, there are a 1000 of YOU who will never come off of their "a third party can't win" position.

Who more closely aligns with your positions? Mitt Romney or Gary Johnson? If you're unwilling to switch parties, why should anyone else switch so that a third party ever rises to prominence? All I ever get out of these threads is "hey, I like your guy better but he can't win. If you can convince everyone else, I'll jump on the bandwagon." These threads have given me an appreciation of the opposition the founding patriots went up against with their fellow countrymen. "We can't go to war with the King. We'll never win!"

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Of course voting third parties might have unintended consequences.

kodos.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    For every person that can be convinced that a third party candidate is the way to go, there are a 1000 of YOU who will never come off of their "a third party can't win" position.

Who more closely aligns with your positions? Mitt Romney or Gary Johnson? If you're unwilling to switch parties, why should anyone else switch so that a third party ever rises to prominence? All I ever get out of these threads is "hey, I like your guy better but he can't win. If you can convince everyone else, I'll jump on the bandwagon." These threads have given me an appreciation of the opposition the founding patriots went up against with their fellow countrymen. "We can't go to war with the King. We'll never win!"

I have always voted for who I though represented what I want for my country or state...Gary Johnson does represent what I would rather have...BUT...at this point I want Obama out and voting for Johnson is not going to it...like I said the only way a 3rd party will win is to start now, so they can compete against the 2 parties. I don't know if our country can survive 4 more years of Obama...especially when he does not have to worry about being re-elected. I do believe Romney has what it takes to turn our economy around...I want my grand children to be able to have a job in the near future...at this point you have college grads competing for jobs at the burger chains against illegals.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

If Johnson can take enough votes to cost Romney ONE state it could result in a loss for the Republicans. It only takes a few to cost someone an election.

For example, When Al Gore lost Florida to Bush, he lost by only a handful of votes. But Ralph Nader had nearly 100,000 votes in Florida. That's not a big number in the overall scheme of things for sure. But in the end, Ralph Nader took enough votes away from Gore that Gore lost the entire election based entirely on losing Florida. Gore only needed a few hundred more Democrat votes that went elsewhere. A few hundred. Don't ever forget that.

If the GOP wants to make sure that doesn't happen to THEM, they need to do a better job courting the Libertarians by fielding candidates that are more palatable to them. But instead they didn't learn from the mistakes of the opposition ... they picked ROMNEY.

We went from Reagan, to Bush Sr., to Bush Jr., now to Romney. The GOP is moving further to the left with every election. You can keep voting for them all you want, but in another few elections (if we make it that far) they'll make Obama look like JFK.

So as much as you want to say we're "throwing our votes away", we don't see it that way. WE are trying to force the GOP to move back to the right, where they belong, and we only do that by costing them votes and elections.

I have always voted for who I though represented what I want for my country or state...Gary Johnson does represent what I would rather have...BUT...at this point I want Obama out and voting for Johnson is not going to it...like I said the only way a 3rd party will win is to start now, so they can compete against the 2 parties. I don't know if our country can survive 4 more years of Obama...especially when he does not have to worry about being re-elected. I do believe Romney has what it takes to turn our economy around...I want my grand children to be able to have a job in the near future...at this point you have college grads competing for jobs at the burger chains against illegals.

It's the same every election. We had to beat Carter and Mondale. We had to beat Dukakis. We had to beat Clinton (failed). We had to beat Gore; we had to beat Kerry. And now we have to beat Obama.

Our country will survive Obama about as easily as it will survive Romney. They're both big-spending Keynesians who agree with bailouts, TARP, universal healthcare, you name it.

Your grandchildren are screwed. Just like mine. Why? We've already spent ourselves into oblivion. Both parties have done it. Romney is just more of the same.

It's a shame you don't see that.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If Johnson can take enough votes to cost Romney ONE state it could result in a loss for the Republicans. It only takes a few to cost someone an election.

For example, When Al Gore lost Florida to Bush, he lost by only a handful of votes. But Ralph Nader had nearly 100,000 votes in Florida. That's not a big number in the overall scheme of things for sure. But in the end, Ralph Nader took enough votes away from Gore that Gore lost the entire election based entirely on losing Florida. Gore only needed a few hundred more Democrat votes that went elsewhere. A few hundred. Don't ever forget that.

If the GOP wants to make sure that doesn't happen to THEM, they need to do a better job courting the Libertarians by fielding candidates that are more palatable to them. But instead they didn't learn from the mistakes of the opposition ... they picked ROMNEY.

We went from Reagan, to Bush Sr., to Bush Jr., now to Romney. The GOP is moving further to the left with every election. You can keep voting for them all you want, but in another few elections (if we make it that far) they'll make Obama look like JFK.

So as much as you want to say we're "throwing our votes away", we don't see it that way. WE are trying to force the GOP to move back to the right, where they belong, and we only do that by costing them votes and elections.

It's the same every election. We had to beat Carter. We had to beat Dukakis. We had to beat Clinton (failed). We had to beat Gore; we had to beat Kerry. And now we have to beat Obama.

Our country will survive Obama about as easily as it will survive Romney. They're both big-spending Keynesians who agree with bailouts, TARP, universal healthcare, you name it.

Your grandchildren are screwed. Just like mine. Why? We've already spent ourselves into oblivion. Both parties have done it. Romney is just more of the same.

It's a shame you don't see that.

But the democrats will always have candidates that we must vote against. And we're always at war with East Asia.

Top Bottom