• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It would probably be my Glenfield/Marlin 25 that my father gave me when I was 12. There are a lot of good memories in that gun. But, it sure would be tough to leave an early, numbers matching IBM M1 Carbine to the flames.

bart1533

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    indianapolis/owen co
    Man.. it would be hard..if it was one it would be my first single shot 12g my grandpa gave me. A old essex. But I know me with my ocd. I go out with one but come back for the rest....lol...

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I would do exactly the same thing again when this happened to me a couple years ago when my home did burn down. I grabbed my external hard drives off of my computer which contained the past 40 years of my family photos which I spent 4 years scanning in one by one. Nothing else mattered other than saving the family history that was contained on those drives for my son since all the animals were already outside.

Now if you ask which firearm I would not want to loose in a fire it would be my ZK-22.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    My answer depends on the reason my house is burning. If it's just a typical accidental fire, I'm probably grabbing my most valuable handgun, the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry with RMR.

If the house is burning because it's under attack by zombies, I'm grabbing the converted Saiga 12 with as many 20-round drums as I can carry.

If the house was fire-bombed by Islamic radicals to destroy the resident infidel in the name of jihad, I'm taking the Wilson Combat SBR in .300 BLK and do some room clearing to send as many of those a$$hats to "paradise" as possible before we all burn. Then I'm claiming their 99 virgins while they continue to burn somewhere else.

If the fire was set by a crazy ex-girlfriend who's now enjoying the glow of the fire from 700 yards away, I'm grabbing the Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 mounted with a Leupold 6-18 x 40 optic.

If the blaze started when an intruding rhinoceros knocked over a burning candle, I'd choose the Ruger .375 Alaskan bolt-action.

If an angry member of Mom's Demand Action is burning my house down in retaliation for publicly pointing out their hypocrisy and stupidity on multiple occasions (Shannon Watts and I do live in the same town, so it's not out of the question), I'll save the rifle MDA loves to hate - my Adams Arms/Spikes Tactical AR15 - and my "Black Rifles Matter Too" t-shirt.

And if the house was set afire by flash-bangs tossed through the window by BATFE, I'm grabbing the . . . .

Oh, never mind.

Guy

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hold on... Zombies know how to start fires? Damn, just when I was getting comfortable with my ability to take them out as they stumble around the yard, I now have to add fire suppression to my suppression fire plan.

DontPanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    All these hand me downs from generation to generation makes me wanna have a beer with my grand dad LOL he got re married late and lost it all in a "we told you so" divorce...sooo other then the edc it have to be an ar but only after the dog and as mentioned somewhere above the hard drives....Insurance is one of those better have it and not need it type a deals

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    All these hand me downs from generation to generation makes me wanna have a beer with my grand dad LOL

I agree! The only family heirloom I've ever received was a beautiful Mossberg bolt-action 12 ga. "goose gun" with a 32-inch barrel that my dad gave me when I was a teenager. The prettiest shotgun I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it was stolen in a burglary of my rental house when I was still in school. It's probably been sawed off and duct-taped. Breaks my heart - especially seeing all of the posts of family hand-me-downs here.

Guy

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    All these hand me downs from generation to generation makes me wanna have a beer with my grand dad LOL he got re married late and lost it all in a "we told you so" divorce...sooo other then the edc it have to be an ar but only after the dog and as mentioned somewhere above the hard drives....Insurance is one of those better have it and not need it type a deals

Just the kind of response one would expect from someone named "DontPanic"!!!!

:yesway::laugh:

Top Bottom