You ever organize your stuff so you can't find anything?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You know it's bad when you wind up with 2 of the exact same power tool because you "lost" the first one for awhile.

I've got it bad.

After my divorce and big house move without her, I recovered about 20 pairs of scissors, 15 30ft Stanley measuring tapes, a few packages of pens with only 2 missing, all the missing car, house and garage keys to mutable places and vehicles, countless hand tools like pliers, wire cutters, crescent wrenches, box cutters, etc... Much more, I should have made a list. All newish because I kept replacing things after my wife borrowed and lost them through the years......over and over and over...

NOTE -
    Every top drawer in the kitchen (or any other room) other than the silverware drawer ended up been a junk drawer. Her method to clean off counter, open drawer and shovel everything into it, close drawer. After a few moves (we had many) she would just dump the drawers into boxes and label them "Wifes Crap" then store and never unpack or go through them. Hence all my missing stuff......... that I finally found.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After my divorce and big house move without her, I recovered about 20 pairs of scissors, 15 30ft Stanley measuring tapes, a few packages of pens with only 2 missing, all the missing car, house and garage keys to mutable places and vehicles, countless hand tools like pliers, wire cutters, crescent wrenches, box cutters, etc... Much more, I should have made a list. All newish because I kept replacing things after my wife borrowed and lost them through the years......over and over and over...

NOTE -
    Every top drawer in the kitchen (or any other room) other than the silverware drawer ended up been a junk drawer. Her method to clean off counter, open drawer and shovel everything into it, close drawer. After a few moves (we had many) she would just dump the drawers into boxes and label them "Wifes Crap" then store and never unpack or go through them. Hence all my missing stuff......... that I finally found.

Hmmm...we've got a couple of those drawers. I wonder if I'd find my metric gear wrenches in one of them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ugh! My gunsmith in/lb torque wrench! I saw it, put it somewhere that I wouldn't lose it and lost it. It's in the house somewhere. :(

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Do it all of the time...right now I'm trying to remember where I put the drive control for a pushmower I ordered, received, and put where I wouldn't lose it. :facepalm:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central

NOTE -

This is what my wife does as well. She can leave things out for weeks and not bother her. Once someone leaves a screwdriver or whatever out for a day, she throws it into one of our junk drawers or wherever the item will fit. I am not the most organized and neat person, but I keep things together where they belong. She likes to take tools from the garage or basement, use them, then place the places neither one of us can find. Luckily, she doens't touch any gun/reloading stuff.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I save all kinds of leftover parts & stuff: wood, steel, electric stuff like wire & switches- you get the idea. I know exactly where everything is. After about 7 years of accumulation I have to reduce my inventory, clear out those things that I have never used and reorganize everything. It never fails; about a week after this purge I need something that I've had hanging around forever. Remember.. I know exactly where everything is. I spend 3 days looking for it, pondering what I did with it. Did I use it, store it someplace else, or toss it. After buying new replacement parts or whatever, and getting the job done, I end up 3 months later finding where I put the item. We need those x-ray glasses sold in comic books when we were kids!!!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I think I'm pretty good at reorganizing. My problem is putting something "somewhere safe so that I won't lose it." The best part is, when I want to retrieve it, remembering that I did just that...but not remembering where the somewhere safe was.

Top Bottom