• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What the hell? I enlisted in the Air Force back in 1985, things were a bit different way back then I guess.

I chose AF for three reasons; First my dad, an uncle and dad's best man for his wedding were all AF. Second, wanted to work or aircraft, eyesight was too bad to fly. Lastly... I will be the first to admit, I was not cut out for Army, Navy or Coast Guard for different reasons I thought at the time, and Marine basic frankly would have killed me :)

We had AC, cable TV, better looking women and I didn't get shot at. Allergic to bullets, they make me break out in little red splotches...

Got mad respect for the front line grunts and crayon eaters though. One of my best friends was a Ranger medic, a co-worker was a Recon Marine. Much much much respect for those guys.

I wasn't cut out for those either, so I went AFROTC.

Turned out I wasn't cut for the AF, either. The only way I made the running portion of the PFAT was focusing squarely on the cadet commander's cute butt (yes, a woman!), forcing me to run at her pace.

I dropped out before my sophomore, but I kept the shoes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's no much mini about it.

All I can say is, I can relate to the prison like atmosphere and maybe understand more than some how those cadets got to that point.

Hohn

USAFA CLASS OF 2000 (BALLS!)

You would know better than I. I was 11 when he graduated, but I remember some of his stories.

...and being an Army guy, well....y'know.

Top Bottom